Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Daft roadtrip starts tomorrow…
  • solamanda
    Free Member

Tomorrow evening two idiot mountain bikers plan to ride at the following resorts over 16 days. Take your bets now to if we give up or miss off the list…

Morzine
    Verbier
    Pila
    La Thuile
    Les Arcs
    Tignes
    Saux D'Oulx
    Bardonecchia
    Sestrire
    Montgenevre
    La Grave
    Alpe D'Huez
    Les Deux Alpes

ROAD TRIP!

steveh

That's really cramming then in! Not sure I'd be squeezing so many in the time. I've been to about half of them. When I went to montgenevre I wasn't very impressed and there weren't many trails. Tignes is good for a days riding. Morzine wouldn't be my choice of resort for a day in the pds, consider going to les lindarets/pre la joux area.

Have fun though. I'm hoping to spend next summer touring in my race van about all the places in rowan sorrells mtb europe book.

ton

lucky geyt………….have fun

woodey
    Free Member

On the way to Pila right now (camping-site in france tonight), sauze d'oulx also on our list, actually those two are the list…

solamanda
    Free Member

I've been to most of these so can get away with just riding the trails I know. We're actuall doing two days in Morzine, using the lift system to ride the PDS area – partly to show a mate, who has guided extensively elsewhere, how their linked lift system works. I've dh'ed my brains out there enough now to worry about abit of wasted double track time ;o)

Interesting about montgenevre, that's one of our experiment places. Will report back and see how I find it.

This mad idea came about after I spend a season travelling around the alps last summer and realised just how close these resorts actually are.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Come ride in Sainte Foy for a day instead of Tignes, you won't regret it. Sweet woodsy singletrack instead of super-wide euro DH courses…

djglover
    Free Member

Not a very relaxing holiday then David?

twohats
    Free Member

If you're going to Pila, you might as well take in Chamonix on the way there!

solamanda
    Free Member

GreekRestaurantOwnerPimlico – Dunno who you are, you may know my name but you don't know me going by that statement!

twohats, we're already doing Verbier enroute but thanks for the idea. It's been carefully planned to make best use of campsites and minmal moving camp setup so not really any room to change it now.

solamanda
    Free Member

Right, been there got the t-shirt. Here are some photos.

We went to all on the list minus Verbier and Tignes. Question is now what do I do with the knowledge? On a personal level I receive lots of questions about these resorts, same happened last year after I spent a season in the alps. How do I best share my experiences? Would a magazine be interested? I can do a fairly detailed guide to how long you'd spend in these places, photos, where to stay and where is good/bad. I'm trying to decide if I should setup a mini website. Ideas?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Daft roadtrip starts tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.