Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cutting and editing Garmin GPX files.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I left my Garmin running in the car and have messed up the averages for the days riding, is there any way of chopping the last hour off the ride.?

muggomagic

you certainly can on Strava. Not sure if you can on Garmin connect though.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

you certainly can on Strava.

How if you don’t mind me asking.

geoffj

Open the GPX file in notepad or other text editor and remove the last hours records.
    Just leave the closing bit of the XML and change the time to the same as the last point.

muggomagic

neilsonwheels – Member
    you certainly can on Strava.
    How if you don’t mind me asking.

upload to strava then go to the ride in question. select crop ride from the actions drop down.

Further info here if my description wasn’t clear Link

druidh
    Free Member

geoffj – Member
    Open the GPX file in notepad or other text editor and remove the last hours records.
    Just leave the closing bit of the XML and change the time to the same as the last point.

+1

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Drac
    winston_dog
    Free Member

You can also use Mapsource.

Download

If you unzip the package with winzip or similar then run the exe file directly it installs fine.

geoffj

Drac – Moderator

A lot easier using this.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpxeditor/files/

unless you use a Mac and/or have half an idea of how XML files work.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

GPSBabel is another free tool worth downloading. Converts GPS files from/to pretty much any available format and has a neat filtering function so you can say ‘chop off everything after 15:35’ for example.

christhetall
    Free Member

Garmin’s Basecamp is pretty good for this – once you work out how to use it. It’s not the most intuitive software going, but you can chop off bits of the ride from the map view by using the “Divide” button.

Also comes in handy when you accidently turned the dam thing off during a ride. Load the track into Basecamp, edit it in the Map View using Insert waypoints. Then export it as a track and import it into Garmin Connect.

Pity that Garmin can’t combine the functionality of Basecamp and Connect

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cutting and editing Garmin GPX files.’ is closed to new replies.