Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 169 total)
  • Cricket with SPOILERS
  • thepurist

North really digging in now – digging in to his dinner in the pavillion that is!

Stoner
    Free Member

he'll be alright. He'll have to come out again before lunch tomorrow at this rate 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

alright then… I like this new strategy: let's bat so badly we get the follow on, then bat magnificently to post a substantial 2nd innings lead for England to try and chase down 😀

Bloody apalling batting from Australia today… the bowling has been tight, but not brilliant, certainly not good enough to get this sort of result 🙄

trailmonkey

aah, so we're only winning because you're letting us. very sporting.

psychle
    Free Member

what's this slope they're all talking about? I guess I'll have to get down to Lords at some point to take a tour and check it out.

psychle
    Free Member

aah, so we're only winning because you're letting us. very sporting

Nope… we're just batting very poorly and England is bowling nice and tight (but not spectacularly, at least IMHO 😀 )

psychle
    Free Member

🙄 sigh…

trailmonkey

lulz 152 -8

psychle
    Free Member

**** it… and now we'll go off for light will we? 🙄

psychle
    Free Member

nope… we'll play on. follow-on tonight and then we start again to build a 2nd innings lead… time for our batsman to find some cojones in this test 👿

vinnyeh

since when did cricket become popular on this forum? – normally threads struggle to reach double figure postings.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Nah, great big floodlights at Lord's now 🙂

Edit, boo, light offered, wimps. 156-8 at stumps.

Astonishing days cricket.

trailmonkey

since when did cricket become popular on this forum?

when we're winning ?

psychle
    Free Member

since there was a rampant cricket tragic aussie on here 😀

psychle
    Free Member

boo, light offered, wimps

thems the rules… if you can see shadows then you can take the light… any team would've done the same in this position.

trailmonkey

any team would've done the same in this position.

That'll be Ponting playing within the spirit of the game then 😉

psychle
    Free Member

I'm off to watch Barry Trotter now, so don't take my silence for the next few hours as some sort of aussie sulk 🙄 tomorrow's a new day and I feel confident we can fight back from here and make a contest. My 50 squid is still safe Lanesra! 😀

zokes
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member

any team would've done the same in this position.

That'll be Ponting playing within the spirit of the game then

+1 😀

And Psychle – what do you mean, what slope? How can you be a cricket follower and not know about the substantial gradient at the home of cricket? 😉

I'm amused that Australia bowled 'excellently' at Sofia Gardens, but the only reason we've got any wickets is because you gave them us! Granted, we gave you a couple, but at least we were gracious enough to credit you aussies a highly intelligent bowling attack. No such credit when the boot is on the other foot eh? I guess that's the spirit of the game though 😉

Could it be this all over again?

Admittedly this isn't a great England side, but then most of the Aussies are mediocre themselves. That leaves two sides relatively evenly matched, but with a lot to prove – fascinating…

vinnyeh

oh dear, didn't enforce the follow on. Playing with fire there. 😛

Stoner
    Free Member

BBC Sport's Oliver Brett on Twitter: "Asked Dean Jones what he thought of Strauss' decision: 'When you're bleeding from every orifice it's time to put the sword in and he didn't'."

my thoughts exactly. 🙁
    Should have made 'em have another go!

AndyP
    Free Member

???!
    Aussies down to 2 bowlers. Great batting pitch. Perfect batting weather. No decision to be made!

aracer
    Free Member

Well Australia will now have to make more in the 4th innings than they ever have before in order to win…

psychle
    Free Member

At least the Aussie batsman can take some heart from this English innings, ball isn't doing much etc… though I don't honestly give us much hope of chasing this down 😆 Plenty of time though, so who knows, miracles do happen eh? 😀

Sam

Not much hope of chasing it down but plenty of hope of hanging on for a draw pom style with the assistance of rain, unnecessary physios etc 😉

When are Steve Waugh and Glenn McGrath's kids going to be of playing age?

zokes
    Free Member

Not much hope of chasing it down but plenty of hope of hanging on for a draw pom style with the assistance of rain, unnecessary physios etc

But that would hardly be within the spirit of the game, and we all know how Ricky feels about that…

aracer
    Free Member

😆 at Ricky with zokes

Hairychested
    Free Member

When are Steve Waugh and Glenn McGrath's kids going to be of playing age?

Which one is the Daddy?

psychle
    Free Member

3.9 RR… at this rate we'll have this total knocked over by lunch tomorrow, too easy! 😀

Gotta be optimistic right? 😆

RichPenny
    Free Member

2 wickets in 45 minutes, at this rate you'll be out before tea 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

ha ha… too true 😀 bloody Koertzen, some consistancy might've been nice! 👿 but when things are going against you as a team, they just keep on going against you don't they? 🙄

RichPenny
    Free Member

Crikey, reckon tuffers has been at the bong this morning. Rolf Harris impressions!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

Ricky! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

AndyP
    Free Member

I'm sure Poontang will find something to moan about. I mean, how dare Broad get him to play on?

psychle
    Free Member

I'm sure Poontang

Nice… a tad childish don't you think? 🙄 Cricket's a gentlemans game guv'ner, it has courtesy and manners 😀

I think Punter (and Australia) will have good reason to be a bit miffed at 3 of our wickets today, the cricket gods certainly seem to be against us! Katich out off a clear no-ball, Hughes out off a suspect catch (exactly the same really as the one Koertzen referred yesterday 🙄 ) and now Hussey out without actually edging it (though maybe a tough one to call…) bloody hell…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else hear that lunchtime interview with Rolf Harris?

Anyone else agree that Rolf had clearly had a few sherberts beforehand? 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Psycle, you may have written;

the cricket gods certainly seem to be against us! Katich out off a clear no-ball, Hughes out off a suspect catch (exactly the same really as the one Koertzen refered yesterday ) and now Hussey out without actually edging it (though maybe a tough one to call…) bloody hell…

But what it sounds like is

Whine, whinge, whine, whinge, whine, whine, if I was back home….whine, whinge

😉

psychle
    Free Member

yeah yeah yeah… as they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, both in this test and the next 3 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

128-5 now! Over by stumps tonight, I reckon.

The fat lady's doing her vocal exercises in the dressing room!

Stoner
    Free Member

I dont think the cricket gods had anything to do with North's middle stump 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Cricket with SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.