Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 946 total)
  • CRC security issues?
  • blades2000
    Free Member

Thanks for clarifying that beej. Now I wonder if that means 02 will be able to help catch the right people or if we have no hope. 🙁

bigjim

I don’t think O2 will be vaguely interested in chasing the culprits, wouldn’t think the cops and banks will be either unless its a serious amount of cash.

DavidB
    Free Member

beej, it only checks the numerics in the address and postcode.

norcosix
    Free Member

well i got stung with this on tuesday while i was in turkey they topped there phone up the gits. had to cancel the card so no funds for duty free !! not impressed one bit.

gonna contact crc to cast my opinion.

swoosh
    Free Member

My wife bought me a top from CRC at the end of Jan and 2 days later her email account went a bit hay-wire sending out random email to everyone in her address book.

It has since stopped but is this just coincidence that it was 2 days after her CRC payment or could they be linked? Has this happened to anyone else that knows they have had their bank account copied too?

Her bank account doesn’t appear to have been touched.

lazybones
    Free Member

Bought brake pads on 8/3/11 two 15 quid o2 prepay out on 14/3/11.

MrTrump
    Free Member

Me too I’m afraid, new stem on the 1/3/11 and £15 O2 prepay Slough on the 10/3/11, card cancelled and I’ve set HSBC fraud onto CRC via this thread.

parkesie
    Free Member

Seems now whenever i try to buy bike bits my card gets stopped. Right royal pain in the arse.

kaesae
    Free Member

Seems to me that O2 has been named far too often for my liking, not much into CRC, the service is shit or has been for me.

However O2 have been named and shamed on countless websites in the past for shody operating practices.

I think at this point we can’t rule out the possiblibty of them being part of the problem. All we can do is wait and hope more info will come forward and let us understand what is happening.

SkillWill
    Free Member

+1 .Just had my card cancelled by Egg because of ‘suspicious activity’ 🙁

scratch
    Free Member

Just found x2 £15 O2 Pre-pay Slough transactions on my account.
    Card canelled.

neilnevill
    Free Member

hard luck Dan.

this thread must have qhat, 170 to 180 people that were defrauded on it now.

accu
    Free Member

+1…just joined the club…..

apple online store usa tried to charge my card…transaction was blocked by the card company and card is now cancelled…last CRC order was just a few days before…
    never had anything to do with apple stores or itunes…

balfa
    Free Member

+1 £1800 came off my card when I was on holiday! 👿

forge197
    Free Member

+1 just over £3k at John Lewis over the weekend just had “the call” from the credit company.

Janesy
    Free Member

Are you reporting this to them?
    It does seem as this is a long time issue – Thought CRC would of sorted this out by now.

Cougar

Hmm.

I bought something from CRC last week (showing on my statement as processed on the 17th). I wonder if it’s worth cancelling my card and getting it reissued…?

uplink
    Free Member

wonder if it’s worth cancelling my card and getting it reissued…?

I wouldn’t – if it does get compromised, the down time will be similar to cancelling now

zokes
    Free Member

Well, I was about to order some wheels and tyres, as Oz prices are silly, and noone else who does VAT-free and free delivery seems to do CK.

Bugger….

Has anyone had any issues with Paypal on CRC?

Cougar

TBH, the card’s old and knackered anyway, and the chip reads four out of five attempts. I don’t really want the hassle, so I’ve just cancelled it.

Cougar

I’m actually a bit surprised at how CRC are handling this. I mean, I appreciate that it can be difficult to ascertain root cause in situations like this; however, I’d have expected some sort of press statement on their website.

cp

Is everyone who has had issues email CRC? After I read the article on the front page, I emailed them as requested. I wonder how many people who have had an issue have emailed compared to those who have. I wasn’t going to bother till I saw the news item.

shedfull
    Free Member

My other half found two O2 transactions on her card statement at the weekend. The card has been stopped, a new one is being issued and a fraud form is being sent for her to fill in.

But, she hasn’t ordered anything from CRC since back in December, when she bought some Christmas presents for me. So, either this problem goes back to December or earlier or cases that look like they might be related to CRC business may have nothing to do with them.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I haven’t contact CRC, but I have had ‘the email’ from them….so unless they’ve sent it to all recent customers I presume they have been contacted by my card provider….I’d expect my card provider to be chasing it, bottoming out fraud is part of their job as I see it.

iain1775
    Free Member

Chuckling away to myself at the moment about their new advert (currently on facebook but I assume it will be in press shortly)
    Lots of photos of riders (they asked facebook fans to send in pics to be featured) with the tagline “more than just our customers”
    Unfortunate choice of words and timing on that one!!

colonelwax
    Free Member

Used my CC at CRC at the start of Feb, just had the call from the bank to say they’ve cancelled it due to an unauthorised attempt to use it.

Not really looking great for CRC is it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Has anyone had any issues with Paypal on CRC?

no i was ok and apparently paypal send them a chit or number they cash in for the money they never see your actual details
    Thankfully when I ordered I could not find my wallet at the time

accu
    Free Member

I wrote an email to CRC…
    but so far no answer..

and…I used my card only at CRC since I got it last year, so it is evident that the issue comes from CRC..at least in my case

will change to paypal for my next purchase…

paul356
    Free Member

+1…..10 days ago.CRC purchase.. Same O2 attempt, card cancelled.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Have many people had a phone call from CRC? I emailed them to advise I’d ‘suffered’ about a week back; yesterday a CRC fella left a message for me at home offering apologies and wishing to discuss. I guess they are trying to reclaim some goodwill from customers & I guess they’ve got a very long list of people to call!

Janesy
    Free Member

^ Thats because they realised who you were from Sunday nights television. Its good some times to be in the public eye 😉 😀

mrnmissespanda

Yesterday I purchased a chainring on CRC. 2 hours later barclaycard stopped my card after a suspicious transaction (which was fraud).

panda

wwaswas

when/where did you use it prior to that menmissespanda?

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

CRC transaction last week. CC stopped today 🙁

CRC still haven’t fixed it…. 🙁

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

I hadn’t used my CC for a month previous to that…

younggeoff

CRC refund on the 17th, Wandsworth council received payment for a parking fine on the 18th from my card whilst I was walking to Tesco’s in Newcastle 🙁

2nd card done, at least this one was only £50 my credit card was done for £1500 the day after I bought something from CRC.

As holyhutzpa say’s CRC still have issues

starsh78
    Free Member

I’ll stick with wiggle, plus the CRC website is stupidly slow…

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I was done (2 O2 payments) and mentioned this back on the first few pages of this thread.

I sent a mail to CRC but have had no contact from them so I have just bought some nice new pricey Assos from Wiggle.

Not sure why some people have had contact and others not.

MM

Babyjack
    Free Member

Used CRC on 5th March..

£230 for Argos Mastercard taken out of my Halifax current account on the 19th.
    This is the first time any of my cards have been compromised

Is it worth me mailing CRC..or don’t they care??

Wiggle/Merlin for me in future

kaesae
    Free Member

I just bought a chain ring using paypal, will I be OK?

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 946 total)

The topic ‘CRC security issues?’ is closed to new replies.