Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Courchevel – a serious alternative to Morzine
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Hello – just back from a week in Courchevel and cannot stop raving about the place. First off if you're after an all out DH/Freeride type holiday then you'd probably be better to stick to where you know.

If you're after mile after mile of deserted flowing singletrack then you should really consider looking the place up. Beautiful scenery, weather was perfect all week, had entire valleys to ourselves,not a braking bump in sight,amazing.

Mixture of FREE bus uplifts, ski pass and old fashiond leg power{if you like that sort of thing} to get you as high up the mountains as you want, and access to the 3 Valleys lift system if you want to put some serious miles in.

It isnt as developed for biking as the Port du Soleil region but apparently they're in the opening stages of a ten year plan to improve trail system. Can I just say that there is an almighty starting point with which to work?

***EDIT*** Can't get photos to work from my Facebook – will send some to Flickr in wee while

Now, without wanting to sound like an advert I really must recommend these guys – PLEISURE. Great Value for money, hopsitality second to none, free guiding whenver we wanted and the food was simply unbeatable. It says a lot for them that even a cancelled flight{Easyjet incompetence} on way out couldn't ruin our short week away.

So if you want miles of unspoilt singletrack to yourselves, not worried about trying to pretend you're the next Steve Peat, like to hop on lifts whenever you like AND enjoy great food, cheap booze with friendly staff then look them up…

MussEd
    Free Member

bent_udder
    Free Member

Looks good. Not sure about the 'Man from C&A' pose on that last photo.

ton

been 3 times, staying in la tania.
    quiet proper uncluttered singletrack trails.
    love it….

Del

i'll see your courchevel and raise you verbier. when i've finally sorted the pictures out on flickr i'll post my own thread, but like you say of courchevel, if you're not a full-facer there's a lot more to the alps than morzine. having been to verbier i wouldn't bother going back to morzine.

taka
    Free Member

its even better in winter 😛

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

That mountain looks weird with no snow on it, many happy memories of blasting down the run where all the scree is.

Are beers in 1850 any less than 10 euros in summer?

MussEd
    Free Member

Never went out in 1850 mate – priced for the Russian nouveau riche, not us tramps I'm afraid. Although did have a croque monsieur one day beside Le Verdon lift for tenner! Well worth it though… We were staying above The Bar in 1550, so 4 Euros a pint usually. No need to move on!

I'm seriously tempted by a winter trip over there too, although complete lack of ski/snowboard experience may temper my enthusiasm!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Courchevel – a serious alternative to Morzine’ is closed to new replies.