Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cotic Solaris & X Fusion Trace
  • dalesjoe
    Free Member

I have a cotic solaris with a fox ctd 120mm factory fork. While I love the bike, the fork really is its weak point. I find it quite flexy and “noodly” which I assume is partly due to the 32mm stanchions. This isn’t helped by the fact that I have Pikes on the other bike which are just superb.

I had considered lowering the fork down to 100mm to see if this reduced the flex & reduce the tenancy to loose front end traction on the steep climbs. However, according to mojo this isn’t possible (2014 fork so can only lower to 110mm). So, I’m left wondering if it’s time to try another fork & sell the Fox’s.

I am looking at the X Fusion Trace’s as they seem to get a good write up but mostly as they come with the 34mm stanchions, so hopefully less flexy and a bit more solid feeling. Could anybody who has ridden these forks shed any light on how they seem? I’ve not ridden any other 29er forks so hopefully this issue is just down to these forks and not a common problem with 29er.

Cheers!

danti

I’m about 13stone kitted up and ride in the Peaks and prefer the 34mm stanchion X Fusion Trace set to 120mm to 32mm Fox forks which felt a bit twangy.
    The Trace feel a lot stiffer, aren’t heavy and are reasonably plush but without the small bump sensitivity of Fox if that bothers you.
    I’ve been using them about 18 months and am happy with them.
    They’re a bit more of a set up and forget fork than loads of adjusting settings to fine tune if that bothers you.

I think I’ve read that the 2015 ones have a new damper, check 18 bikes as they know about this being an x fusion dealer and are good guys to deal with.

Doing a quick search on here brings up plenty of people’s thoughts on them.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-ridden-reba-29er-120-forks-in-gnarly-stuff

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Great. Just what I was hoping to hear! I’ll probably stick to the 2014 ones as they’re a fair bit cheaper. Can’t really justify the extra gor the new ones.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I absolutely love the Traces on my Solaris:

MoreCashThanDash

That’s the first time I’ve seen a photo of a Solaris and not wanted one.

MrsMC sends her thanks…

bikeneil
    Free Member

That’s the first time I’ve seen a photo of a Solaris and not wanted one.

MrsMC sends her thanks…

Me too actually. Pretty poor photo above. Here’s a better one:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Solaris & X Fusion Trace’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM