Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best way to get a Gravity Dropper post back to the US for a service
  • fbk
    Free Member

I’ve booked my post in for a service (and repair) and need to post it over to their offices in the US.

I’m guessing some folk on here must have done a similar thing so just looking for the best/easiest way to post it over there.

rOcKeTdOg

What’s wrong with it? They are pretty easy to fix & parts are available here or is it a warranty job?

simonside
    Free Member

Not all parts are available here. Some retailers say “in stock” but the reality is somewhat different.I sent mine back via Royal Mail. It was away(posted, fixed, returned) in 8 days… Great service from them…direct!

spooky_b329

I sent mine back for the remote to be bonded back on.

I would however stress very strongly that they labelled it as a warranty return at zero value when they post it back to avoid duty.

They put the full value on mine and I got charge VAT, Duty and handling charges, the guy stopped responding when I asked if he would re-imburse and I had to send off a package containing bits of packaging, postage reciepts and a letter to get the Duty refunded. Lost the handling charge though.

sweepy
    Free Member

I sent mine back basic untracked. Never heard a word so contacted them and it had never arrived. Got an email months later saying it had just showed up and it came back shortly after like new, even had a new gaiter despite me not paying for one.
    I had no import charges.

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve been stung for the import duty before – warranty repair on a Contour camera that was posted back with value on it. Very annoying.

Unfortunately, this is the usual magnet-housing-unbonded-from-the-post repair. I can’t fault the backup as they’re fixing it for the price of a normal service but the whole posting thing is a pain.

I went with Parcelhero in the end – worked out at around £20 and trackable.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Mine cost £17 to send via royal mail, had it back within a week or so. Didn’t get charged anything extra either

Andy-R

When one of mine came unbonded I just bonded it again with JB Weld, which is what was used originally anyway. Cost £4 or something.

Junkyard
    Free Member

two cable ties have had mine working fine for the last 3 years …..i keep meaning to fix it but the trail side repair keeps working

scotroutes

Mine came off too but mainly because I’d let the seatpost slip down in the seat tube and it was resting on the actuator housing as I was riding it. I just glued (bonded) it back on and it’s been fine ever since. A couple of zipties or hose clips round it would work temporarily or to ensure a good bond.

richwales

I glued mine too, then zip ties for security – don’t bother sending it off.

GavinB

I sent mine back, which cost about £18 and was back in about a week.

Not sure, after seeing the repair that it was worth it, and was then amazed at how widespread the issue of de-bonding actuator units on GD units after chatting to mates.

Interesting that the review of the GD in ST a few months ago didn’t mention this, despite the photo of the post showing that it had been repaired for this issue.

kimbers

Not sure, after seeing the repair that it was worth it, and was then amazed at how widespread the issue of de-bonding actuator units on GD units after chatting to mates.

I thought all GDS now came with the screws in from new

I sent mine via royal mail, gd were great, never got charged importstuff

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best way to get a Gravity Dropper post back to the US for a service’ is closed to new replies.