Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Copy+ : Sky box utility
  • z1ppy

Any one used this to transfer stuff from a Sky + box to a Sky HD box?

I’ve done it before with two (old) Sky+ boxes, but am apprehensive about breaking open our brand new Sky HD box, so am looking for some re-assurance

DezB
    Free Member

I think I have. Can’t remember what the software I used was.
    But rest assured, the internals of a Sky HD box are no more complicated than the old Sky+ boxes. Just an IDE hard disk connected to the gubbins inside. Hence mine now has a 500GB drive installed.

organic355
    Free Member

is it easy to change the hard drive in a Sky Hd box? mine keeps filling up and wondered what the solution was other than buying the mroe expensive larger capacity box.

Any recommendations on what hard rive to buy?

also thinking about doing this to my PS3

z1ppy

Dead easy to remove the HDD from a sky+ box (I’ll maybe find out about the HD box later), you’d just need to confirm what connection (IDE/SATA, I’d assume SATA with a new HD box) is being used & it’s current size, to order a larger replacement.

HDD’s are much of a muchness IME, samsung/Seagate/WD/whatever are all pretty much reliable & the same cost (assuming spec/size is the same)

Don’t know about the PS3, but I’d guess there guide on it out there.

DezB
    Free Member

Dead easy! Open the lid, swap, the drive, replace lid, plug it in. It does all the formatting for you.
    I researched on a few AV forums first – thing you have to watch is drive speed as some aren’t compatible.
    (I think I may have been wrong in my previous post and it’s a SATA drive)

One I have is a Western Digital WD5000AAKS (as here ) Was recommended on a forum and I happened to have one in my drawer at work 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Copy+ : Sky box utility’ is closed to new replies.