Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Clif Shot Bloks
  • Pieface

Surely aren’t Jelly Babies / raw Jelly / Fig rolls the same thing?

el_creedo
    Free Member

I dunno, but they were dishing loads out for free at the 24/12 last year and they were very tasty, I nailed as many as I could get in between laps, and managed not to flag at all during the race (and put in some respectable laptimes).

If nothing else – they taste nice, that’s as much as I can tell you for certain! Expensive though no doubt…

muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

I really rate them, taste good and easy to get down when riding hard in races. I think (don’t quote me) that they contain cafine and are isotonic so don’t need water. Three blocks is equivalent to one gel and you get six in a packet. If you use gels, bars and powder then they are no more expensive and offer a nice alternative.

Pieface

Its the expense I didn’t like. Forgot about the isotonic thing though but as I drink loads I can’t see ti being an issue

MrNutt
    Free Member

I like em, very good to snack on whilst on night time reconnaissance. 😉

nina
    Free Member

they aren’t isotonic, they have electrolytes. you still need water with them. only orange has caffeine. I love them, they taste like sweeties and are fantastic if you flag on a ride. same price as gels if you consider you get twice the amount.

also you can share them when out with folk – which is nice, i wouldn’t share a gel with someone!

FuzzyWuzzy

I prefer them over bars and gels. Jelly cubes and jelly babies would give you a big sugar spike but you pay for it soon after, shot bloks are mostly slower release type sugars.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Clif Shot Bloks’ is closed to new replies.