Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Classified forum etiquette
  • markyd

If you bought something on the classifieds, and it failed to arrive (lost in post, with proof of posting), would you expect to be reimbursed by the seller? Item was advertised as price inc postage.

druidh
    Free Member

Yes. It’s the sellers responsibility to get it to you.

john_l
    Free Member

Yes. Seller’s responsible for getting stuff to you.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Of course. The seller has employed the delivery company so has recourse to reimbursement from them. You have received nothing, so the seller has not carried out his part of the transaction. Full refund due. If they were utterly pedantic I guess they could withhold the postage costs but that seems arsey.

scaredypants

Of course – theirs until they get it to you. If they don’t hand-deliver then they have subcontracted to PO, not you

They can claim back from PO to whatever level of insurance cover the postage incorporated but SHOULD repay you now IMO

(bah !)

Matt24k
    Free Member

It should be sent insured and signed for so that no one loses out. It takes a long time to get the insurance money back from the Post Office but that’s the sellers problem not yours. If the seller didn’t send it “Signed For” which costs and extra 75p on a first or second class item, then that’s their problem too.

njee20
    Free Member

All recorded delivery is good for is proving an item arrived – its not handled any differently, nor is it tracked, you have to get Special Delivery for that.

Definitely sellers responsibility though, no two ways about it.

Name and shame, I’m off to sharpen my pitch fork.

Northwind

Absolutely- only exception IMO is if you as a buyer are paying the postage and you specify an uninsured service to save yourself money. Not the case here I assume though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s the stw name, shame and flame game!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/profile/northcountryboy

ton

sellers problem, not yours.
    he should send your cash back, then clain from the post office or whoever.

i think it is about time a sticky was put up to post bad sellers.
    ARE YOU LISTENING MODS??? a chance to do something usefull eh?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes I would expect it and ask i dont insure/signed for cheap stuff but have postage receipts so I can claim easily

RichPenny
    Free Member

Absolutely- only exception IMO is if you as a buyer are paying the postage and you specify an uninsured service to save yourself money.

If I was sending something of value I wouldn’t agree to that. I still think that ultimately you’d be liable, since you are engaging the courier.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

It is but not with police forces.Staffordshire police lost my dads driving licence and he had to claim it back thats a joke and i work for Royal Mail.If your face fits hay.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Of course its the sellers responsibility. I think I’ve sold a couple of items that have gone missing in the post. I waited the 15 days, refunded the buyer and then claimed off the Royal Mail. No hassles really.

Wally

Exactly, this has happened to me. Lost in post, Tuffnels own up to losing it. Will the seller actually claim back the money and send it to me? Well it’s been over a month – so I guess not. £35 lost.
    NEVER reply to an email only – INSIST on knowing forum name.

I know his actual name and where he works – but he has one last chance before I try the “who knows…”

But then not many people are into LiPo batteries and conversions and DIY lights – so the field is quite narrow. MH I await a refund.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi markyd now fully refunded the £12 for the stem and postage and packing. Sorry the item didnt make it to you, as you know I did post it first class to get to you by christmas (copy of the proof of postage emailed) I have now taken out a claim with the Post office as I have no stem and no £12. Guess thats my problem and I will take it on chin.
    cynic-al thanks for the input.
    Have a nice day

cynic-al
    Free Member

Only trying to short cut matters fella.

If he’s being honest then you’ll get your £12 – shame it took this for you not to be a Realman eh?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

once again thanks for the input

takisawa2

To reiterate what someone said…

cynic-al
    Free Member

They can’t really so that without evidence tho, it would turn into a bun fight, and there’s about of that, as above 🙄

druidh
    Free Member

I do think that some general trading rules should be in place;

e.g. it’s the sellers responsibility to get it there.

boxelder

To reiterate what someone said…

Except this is one item missing in the post (with proof of it being sent). I don’t think 2/3 weeks at this time of year is excessive to wait, if genuinely missing with RM.

I’ve had stuff off NCBoy before and (still) have him on my ‘good guy to be trusted’ list – so unless you’ve had personal experience of someone on the classifieds, I don’t think your input counts.

Northwind

RichPenny – Member

If I was sending something of value I wouldn’t agree to that.

Me neither tbh. When people have demanded it I straight away assume they’re on the scam tbh.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Got to be closer to 4 weeks, I’d agree 2/3 is marginal.

markyd

This wasn’t a name and shame, the seller and I were still talking, he had not refused to return the money, hence not naming. We resolved it amicably with no hard feelings either side.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Classified forum etiquette’ is closed to new replies.