Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • chique/romantic hotel in chester please
  • MadBillMcMad

Can anyone recommend a chique romantic hotel in the middleish of chester please.

preferably a small one.

Dark-Side

Staying during the week or weekend?

MadBillMcMad

this saturday

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Abode

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Dragonfly on watergate street is supposed to great but expensive, baba guest house in Hoole always looks nice when I go past but isn’t in the centre. All the ones on city road should be avoided and brook street too. Convivo is great for food as is grosvenor, the rooms at grosvenor are nice but overpriced.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Hilton – double tree is nice but badly organised.

cpon
    Free Member

LabMonkey – Member
    Abode

Yes, went there on it’s opening weekend earlier this year. Very smart with great views of the Racecourse and nice bar and restaurant on the top floor.

cp

MadBillMcMad

cheers guys,

Dragonfly looks great but they say you have to book 2 nights – might try & blag.

Abode & baba look good too.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Abodes ok but lacks a romantic feel, babas a bit of a walk to the city through not the prettiest area. Abodes not done as well as planned and you can negotiate a better rate on anything but race days

intode_void
    Free Member

Abode is soul-less, Oddfellows is chic, central and has a better vibe than lots of other places. £ is king so haggle on the price, I hired a private dining room there for 10 people and got it for £200 as opposed to the £400 they first quoted…bring the bikes as North Wales is too close to ignore!

Dark-Side

Oddfellows is chic, central and has a better vibe than lots of other places

I’d avoid staying at Oddfellows at the weekend (hence my earlier post) as you can hear everything from the bar below, which is open until 2am. Lovely rooms and great food but I couldn’t sleep until the DJ finished, and I’d had ‘a few’. Proper loud.

Friends stayed at Dragonfly and rated it.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

The Grosvenor. Five star luxury and the restaurant has a Michelin Star. Top quality.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not sure but looking at the gallery I think the Dragonfly has running water. 😆 Don’t know if it’s hot or cold though!
    Watergate St is pretty central and probably a good side of town, unless there has been a big change, as there are no discos that end of town and the students all head up through Northgate St.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I live in Chester dragonfly end of town hasn’t changed. I do like the grosvenor just don’t think it’s worth the money. Oddfelllows is awful, especially at night. Not romantic just a bit chav with new money.

DrNickRiviera
    Free Member

Try the Commercial Hotel, just been refurbished, not stayed there as I live in Chester but the bar is good and restaurant is supposed to be very good.

Ta

project
    Free Member

Quite a few just off the m53 at Hoole road, and also on Hough Green the other side of chester, both have a reasonable walk into town,

abode is new, next to the race course, and just down the road is holiday inn, bit noisy if you dont like trains.

Grosvenor very over priced, and old.

Queens hotel near the railway station old style with a new tower block extension.

Premier inn on northgate st, and theres a few travellodges as well.

cxi
    Free Member

Asking:

“Can anyone recommend a chique romantic hotel”

Returns:

“Premier inn on northgate st, and theres a few travellodges as well. “

Classic 😆

project
    Free Member

Apologies i read it as cheap

MadBillMcMad

tooo old for clubbing & noise.

sadly bikes will not be coming, but I do ride the Clwyds – excellent – just like big rounded …..

Just got booked into the Dragonfly.

Just need to sort out some food now…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Food in Chrster… Spoiled for choice,

MadBillMcMad
    King-ocelot
    Free Member

Piccolinos has great steaks, if it’s a clear night go down bridge street to the river for a romantic walk on the groves.

project
    Free Member

Grosvenor park above the groves nice park.

Walk on the walls daylight only,

visit the amphitheatre and see a blatant waste of council tax payers money, also have a look at the fish tank next to the Abode hotel, currently home to the local coucil monday to friday only, 😮

Finally have a nice time.

MadBillMcMad

Thanks all.

Had a great night at the Dragonfly – I can thoroughly recommend it.

small, personal, romantic, quirky – just what we ordered.

donsimon
    Free Member

Walk on the walls daylight only,

Are they really a no go zone at night? Many a time I stumbled home along the walls after a successful night on the pi55. 😯

Glad you enjoyed it Mr McMad, I do like Chester.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Not in the middle of Chester but Peckforton castle was nice when I stayed there. EDIT – didn’t see thread was dead.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘chique/romantic hotel in chester please’ is closed to new replies.