Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Chippy sausage – bag of mystery..
  • jools182
    Free Member

Just had one and they look nothing like meat inside

what’s in em?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

probably better to ask on a day when you havent eaten one

but basically a colloid/sol of fat water rusk and pig extremity

ingredients in order of proportions of sausage

crankrider
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member

probably better to ask on a day when you havent eaten one

Probably best not to ever ask, its more a case of whats not in them I imagine…. mmm battered sausage…

Drac

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yup, that ^

They should do pink shrimps in that too so you get a savioury surprise every now and then

neilwheel
    Free Member

The bits of animals that they can’t sell as anything else, chopped up and mashed in with some other stuff.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Eyes and arseholes generally

crankrider
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member

Eyes and arseholes generally

Who knew when mashed and mixed they would become such a tasty snack?

khani
    Free Member

I worked in a sausage factory for ten years after leaving school, to answer your original question, after the rusk and fat and colouring, creamed lips n arseholes..

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Jumbo chip shop sausages normally supplied frozen from catering wholesalers. Usually labeled: ‘40% pork meat’

Wouldn’t like to hazard a guess as to anything else about that ‘pork meat’ at these price points.

intense

DrP

So.. Really you’re doing the world a favour by eating the whole of the animal, rather than the ‘choice parts’.
    Is an eco food..

Well done!

DrP

bfreeman0
    Free Member

Just thing of it as a green food, using up all the bits so that none go to waste 🙂

khani
    Free Member

So.. Really you’re doing the world a favour by eating the whole hole of the animal

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

They do taste very pleasant when one is a bit pissed.

binners

Never sully the enjoyment of a stereotypical post-pub feast with questions regarding its provenience. No good can ever come of it

Do not question its saturated fatty goodness. Simply rejoice in it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…. chippy sausages

fasthaggis

OP

a colloid/sol of fat water rusk and pig extremity

That’s what you can taste in that first burp,enjoy 😉

cheez0
    Free Member

lips and assholes.

matt_outandabout

paulevans
    Free Member

bums, bits, lips n’tits as my butcher puts it!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Ah well they taste good. Chippy tea tonight. Two Sausage,chips,gravy and peas

D0NK

Usually labeled: ‘40% pork meat’

isnt it only 40% because if it was 39.9% they wouldn’t legally be able to call it a sausage? Something like it’s got to be atleast 40% of a named animal (spot or fido does not count) for it to be an official meat product.

Do you like the taste? If so stop asking questions whose answers will only depress you.

edit

mmm lovely

There are also limits set for the amount of fat and connective tissue that can be included with the muscle as ‘meat’

pork “meat” is allowed to be 30% fat and 25% connective tissue, god I soooo love pig connective tissue.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Soylent Green.

the-muffin-man

Battered or un-battered though!?

Battered for me!

To be honest anything that’s made from the abattoir floor scrapings always tastes good.

slowoldman

So.. Really you’re doing the world a favour by eating the whole of the animal

That’s the wonderful thing about the pig and why it used to be prized as a home reared animal (when that sort of thing was allowed). The only part of a pig you can’t eat (apparently) is the squeak.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Absolutely revolting. I imagine that after they’ve sliced the bacon and chops off the pig, they just hurl it through a massive fan, scraping the resulting mess off the back wall of the abattoir with a spade.

I’m hungry.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Chippy sausage – bag of mystery..’ is closed to new replies.