Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Chilterns – Dusty by now?
  • ddmonkey

Excited now! Can't wait for tomorrow, woot! :mrgreen:

thepurist

Just rounding off this question…

Quick access question for locals – is it possible to get through Turville Park from the road East of it to the BW that's to the west of it (eg BW/track junction at about 735912).

We rode it from W to E on Saturday – no signs, gates or any other indication of restriction at the W end, just a concrete track heading uphill. The track then went over a cattle grid, past some high brick walls and then out towards the road past a couple of signs which I turned round to read… "Private, Farm Vehicles Only". Ooops! Though in my defence it was technically only cheeky after the fact. Cracking ride though, even if I did bend my mech hanger on the last big descent.

atthesummit
    Free Member

Anyone ride the summit65 on saturday?

Had a right laugh in the feed station messing about and chatting with riders. Wuld have preffered to be riding though seeing some of the cheesy smiles

symes
    Free Member

Enjoyed the event on Sat, welcomed the flapjack at the feed station, should have taken a larger slice thou.

cinnamon_girl

Any chance of an update please? Was there much rain in the area yesterday? Thinking about visiting on Monday.

Thank you. 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

Not much rain yet, but lots forecast for tomorrow. Depends how heavy I suppose as to whether the trails can handle it without getting a bit messy. Tossing up Malvern or the Chilterns for tomorrow's ride personally…it's going to be pretty foul wherever I think!

Edit – lots forecast for tonight actually now, just showers tomorrow (BBC).

cinnamon_girl

Tomorrow looks grim! Sounds as though there will be a fair amount of rain overnight.

Hope it's not too horrendous for you pedalhead! Of course next Saturday will be wonderful weather for the Winchester ride. 😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

But of course 😀

Dr_Bakes

The Chilterns were still dry today Pedalhead. There was even a little dust in places but in general the conditions were really good around Woodcote and Nettlebed. I think they've coped with the recent rain really well after two or more dry weeks.

Of course riding during rain of biblical proportions may not be the same if it's really due to be that bad tomorrow?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks, that's reassuring. Looks like I may have a local guide around the Malverns lined up now so I think I'll head in that direction tomorrow.

swamp_boy

Nice and dry here a few miles east of the Chilterns AND the bluebells are coming out nicely. And some jodhpurs around here today. Got back about 7 in drizzle, been raining harder since then so might not be as nice tomorrow.

.duncan
    Free Member

Its fast rolling but quite slippy i would say.

Rio

Conditions were still good this morning:

but it's been raining since 7pm and lots more expected overnight. 😕

Dickyboy

Been pissing it down all night & still raining now 😥

.duncan
    Free Member

yea, not too great now.

.duncan
    Free Member

well today's ride was wet but the ground was still fast as not as slippy as before, good fun 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Chilterns – Dusty by now?’ is closed to new replies.