Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Child trailer-friendly routes.
  • kuman
    Free Member

Alright, kuman junior enjoyed his first gentle ride in his trailer today. It was also nice to see his mum back in the saddle and smiling, after long time off from cycling.
    Would anyone recommend me some good child trailer friendly routes ? I’m in West Midlands, so looking for anything up to 2hrs driving distance. Cannock Chase is my local, smoother fire roads there will be my first choice.

iain1775
    Free Member

Bit further away but maybe try Hicks Lodge near Ashby dela Zouch

ransos
    Free Member

Some nice routes in the Peaks – we did some of the High Peak trail with the trailer.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

monsal trail too

kuman
    Free Member

Thanks Guys, Peak District sounds really good, only an hour drive from Stafford.
    I’m also considering welsh trail centres with green routes so I can sneak off for a cheeky blast round some red trials.

iain1775
    Free Member

Loop of Ladybower
    Loop around Carsington res
    Some short sharp climbs on those two that take on a new dimension when hauling a trailer!
    Rutland Water
    High peak, tissington and Monsal trails (tunnels on last one are fun for the little one)
    Delamere not that far from Stafford

MoreCashThanDash

Lots of kiddie trailers on The High Peak and Tissington trails yesterday. Monsal Trail already mentioned. Parts of the loop around Carsington reservoir would be quite a good workout with a trailer, I’d imagine.

The short (green?) trail at Sherwood Pines would be doable. And you might be able to sneak a loop of the red in afterwards

Quick mention – if you try the High Peak Trail, start/stop at Middleton Top. The two inclines either side of the Black Rocks car park are something like 1:8 and the first is over a mile long iirc. The later Hopton Incline is 1:14 and relatively easier

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Is the Stafford to Newport route open yet?

kuman
    Free Member

Don’t think it’s open yet. We are doing Stafford to Gnosall and back tomorrow.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Child trailer-friendly routes.’ is closed to new replies.