Viewing 28 posts - 241 through 268 (of 268 total)
  • Cheap front light to help me be less depressed?
  • granny_ring

OP, not got time to read back through the thread, but did you say your son was looking for a frame/bike?
    I’ve got an old hard tail frame (21″ seat tube but not that long a top tube) that I bought of here to build up for a mates son but he went off bikes. 🙄
    It’s nothing fancy but if it fits it’s yours if you want it.
    Email in profile.

gnusmas

Thread of the year award.

It has been a proper emotional roller-coaster for me during this time, and before this thread. Dust clouds galore have been circling in the high points and low points, even at the simplest of things.

From what i have read it seems a lot of you have been experiencing feelings of some sort too. I hope this has been as heartwarming for all of you as it has been for me.

Thankyou all for helping me through all of this. From your kind words and gestures to the bit of comedy and banter, it has all been very helpful.

Granny_ring – will email you but possibly a bit too big. Thankyou.

gnusmas

Quick question, how do i post pics from flickr to appear in the thread? Could do it with photobucket before they went stoopid.

Pics on the thread will be much better than my previous links.

zippykona

In your Photobucket link put ~original after jpg.

Houns

Right, sorry for my delay

The chair is a Pride Jazzy 1121

It’s been sat unused in garage for probably 10 years. It’ll need a battery and probably new tyres. I have no idea if it works at the moment, but if it’s suitable we can look at that

granny_ring

Pimp my wheels, sure we can think of some upgrades for the chair. 😀 Hope that it works out.

frankconway

Pair of A520 pedals if they’re of any use; unused – fitted for a bike build and then removed. Think M520 but with larger platform.
    Let me know – email in profile or post to this thread.

frankconway

Having just had a scrat around……..Formula Mega brakeset in great condition – levers, callipers,rotors; FSA SL-K 27.2mm seatpost used but good condition; Thompson Elite X4 stem – 0 deg, 100mm, 31.8mm dia – in great condition.
    Yours for nowt & I’ll cover postage – anyone else, let’s negotiate.
    As previous post – email in profile or post to this thread.

gnusmas

Hi Frank, just emailed you. Thanks.

Every time i think the thread is done and dusted i get messages of support and help.

It is still unbelievable.

I am still extremely grateful to all of you. Thankyou each and everyone of you.

gnusmas

What a total!

I said to Junky the other day, i didn’t expect it to reach the original of £200. After it did, i was gobsmacked, then it carried on climbing.

There have been times when it seemed to peak and each time i thought that was it, amazed everytime. Then it carried on again.

We are extremely grateful to you all, it is an amazing achievement.

I honestly wish i could personally thank all of you for your support, help and generosity. Money aside, you have done more than you could possibly imagine throughout all of this.

I will go through the thread again in the next day or so as i have probably missed messaging someone with all that has happened. If this is the case, my apologies to you. My email is in my profile if anyone wants or needs to get in touch.

Kudos, virtual hugs and high fives to each and every one of you.

I can honestly say i am proud to be a member of the STW family. It has been mentioned that an STW get together needs to happen. Maybe at some point this could be a possibility?

weeksy

That sounds let me a great idea!

tjagain

It has been mentioned that an STW get together needs to happen. Maybe at some point this could be a possibility?

Can you imagine the arguments?
    the singlespeeders would wander off muttering into their beards, the stormtoopers would sneer at the singlespeeders. The XC jeyboys would be getting off and walking over every kerb, the rad dudes would be lighting spliffs every five minutes, the racers would be doing laps before we even set off. I’d probably have an argument with a rock, Half of them would be late and the other half would get lost!

In all seriousness there has been a few over the years always good fun- why don’t you set one up when you have a fully working bike again?

matt_outandabout

Get together would be a giggle.

matt_outandabout

Gnusmus – where are you…

funkmasterp

Always fancied meeting some of you in the flesh, see if you look like I imagine. 🙂

gnusmas

Matt – Carmarthen, about a 20 min drive from Brechfa. I am completely out of shape at the moment, lack of riding for a few years. It would definitely need to be more of a fun blat than an epic jaunt.

Tjagain – i loved your tale of how the meet would go. One question, why would you argue with a rock?

Will be getting my Stiffee out over the weekend and getting to work on it within the next week.

Ambrose

AFAIK Gnusmas is in Carmarthen, so not too far from Brechfa and Cwmrhayadr. Llanwrtyd Wells (of Real Ale Wobble fame) is close enough too. Elan Valley maybe? There are a few bothies within a generous hour’s drive too. I’m more than happy to arrange/ co-ordinate things, let me know.

Loads of riding suitable for all. It is Wales after all.

tjagain

One question, why would you argue with a rock?

It most likely has the wrong political views 😉 or likes lager or something completely wrong and IT WOULD HAVE TO BE TOLD

Ambrose

Gnusmas- your last sentence! I know this whole thing is quite exciting but 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

A meet up based on this thread would be nice

They are always a good crack.

He would argue with it over helmets*

* I believe i have both ridden with and without a helmet in his presence without issue.
    Ambrose YGM

gnusmas

😆 😳 😈

wwaswas

It most likely has the wrong political views or likes lager or something completely wrong and IT WOULD HAVE TO BE TOLD

Metamorphic rock proves that change is possible – you just have to keep the pressure on…

stumpy01

wwaswas – Member

Metamorphic rock proves that change is possible – you just have to keep the pressure on…

Oh yes! That deserves a round of applause! Nicely done….

tjagain

🙂

Houns

Bump

Oi gnusmas! That chair any use?

gnusmas

Houns – thought i already had messaged you, sorry!

Sent you a message to the email in youe profile.

Thankyou

I will make sure everyone i haven’t emailed/messaged yet will have them tonight, all being well.

Bunnyhop

Edit Sorry Gnusmas put something in the wrong thread.

Anyway I hope all this replying to emails isn’t preventing riding time. 🙂

gnusmas

As most people are probably more familiar with this thread, i have started an updates and thankyou thread to save scrolling through all the pages.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/updates-and-thankyou-from-the-gnusmases

Viewing 28 posts - 241 through 268 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Cheap front light to help me be less depressed?’ is closed to new replies.