Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Charlotte Worthington Makes History and Gets Gold
  • identitizombie

Crashing out after attempting the 360 backflip in her first run, Charlotte Worthington came back to take gold. Nailing the trick on her second attempt …

By identitizombie

Get the full story on our front page at:

Charlotte Worthington Makes History and Gets Gold

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

pmurden

Such a great success and what a journey she’s been on. Well done

bridges
    Free Member

Really enjoyed watching this with my wife. Was hilarious hearing the commentator’s inane gibberish; ‘send it!’ Send what? A parcel? A letter? An email? 😀

Stoked.

But seriously; the ability of those riders, it’s just incredible. They make it look so easy; my wife compared it to ballet and I agree. To have that level of control over movement of body and bike, takes some genuinely special talent. BMX is definitely a worthy inclusion to the Olympic Games, no question. And the story of how Beth Shriever even got to the Olympics, let alone winning gold (Gold!!!), is the stuff of fairy tales. Brilliant. The obvious love and camaraderie between her and Kye White was wonderful to see; that’s what team spirit is all about. His excitement in willing her to win, was a joy to watch.

b230ftw
    Free Member

As someone who used to BMX in the dark ages (late 90s and I actually used to ride with Jamie Bestwick when he was still an electrician in Derby and used to commute up to Wakefield Rehab skatepark a couple of times a week as it was one of only a very small amount of vert ramps in the country!!) I am so chuffed it was a good watch for a lot of people.
    Charlotte winning Gold will inspire a lot of girls to get into BMX, the effects will be massive. And to pull that sort of trick (which was pretty much a pipe dream for even pros back when I rode) to win it is even more special.
    You could tell she drew energy from pulling that trick, she just went for it afterwards.

The weirdest thing is that there’s nowt to her! So small and slim – just shows you don’t need to be massive to pull those tricks – just have ridiculous skill and guts!!

sirromj

Increds!

hatter

Just watched her and Bethany Shriever’s wins on YouTube with my 6-year old daughter, whose eyes were out on stalks the whole time, such a huge deal.

Good time to pester the council about a BMX track I feel….

jamj1974

What a great run she had. Phenomenal skills. I hope that this helps bring more people into the sport – particularly girls.

Marin
    Free Member

Only bit of Olympics I’ve watched. Great riding, fantastic result.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Charlotte Worthington Makes History and Gets Gold’ is closed to new replies.