• This topic has 60 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by myti.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Chain food you love…
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wetherspoons Eggs Benedict is the biking weekend away breakfast of champions, Keswick, Peebles, Fort William have all done me proud, and add 2 slices of black pudding and unlimited refill coffee for a fiver all in.

They have also started doing Eggs Balmoral, haggis instead of ham, haven’t had the pleasure yet.

BK XL bacon double cheese burger meal, with a bucket of coke to address the saltiness.

Wagamama Katsu chicken or Pad Thai.

Houns

Agree with Whetherspoon’s eggs Benedict

Also agree with Wagamama’s, I’m now craving chicken Pad Thai

johndoh
    Free Member

I really like Yo! Sushi – some lovely food. Dangerously easy to eat/spend too much though.

stevied
    Free Member

Can’t go into a Prezzo without having the grilled carbonara with chicken..

ton

bar burrito xl burrito’s. ace.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Nandos of COURSE

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

BK Bacon Double Cheeseburger XL is a tasty burger indeed. After much research, it wipes the floor with anything Maccy Ds can offer.

That said, double sausage mcmuffin with hash brown and a white coffee is a guilty pleasure I take part of if I’m on an early train anywhere with work.

Greggs steak bake.

Subway spicey italian with cheese, all the salad and chilli sauce

mike_p
    Free Member

Wetherspoon mixed grill… I can never see past that!

hodgynd
    Free Member

KFC..Zinger boxed meal ( non stacked ) gravy side with diet Pepsi followed by a white chocolate Krushem ..and a big burp afterwards .. 😀

ThePinkster

BK Bacon Double Cheeseburger XL is a tasty burger indeed. After much research, it wipes the floor with anything Maccy Ds can offer.

Spot on there.

Another sneaky favourite is the classic Greggs sausage roll (or 2) and KFC Zinger Tower Burger meal, not necessarily at the same time.

Murray

BK Whopper on the rare nights out after a few beers
    wagamama steamed dumplings just because I love steamed dumplings

prawny

All of the cheap ones, if I’m going to pay top dollar I want proper food, and maybe some metal cutlery.

Maccies, BK, KFC and Pizza hut are staples, Nandos, Five Guys, GBK, Wagamama and their ilk can FOD.

fooman

Taco Bell, just not enough of them in this country.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The last wetherspoons eggs benedict I had was cooked through and horrid. Even when they cook it right, the sauce is horrible. I only get one when we’re out as a family and there’s nowhere else with space for the prams/toys and wild kids!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yo Sushi!
    Pret.
    Itsu.

Erm….

Nope, that’s about it.

prawny

fooman – Member
    Taco Bell, just not enough of them in this country.

Yes! Nearest one to me is Sheffield I think. Can’t wait until they get one nearer, not sure how it would go down in Birmingham though

chvck
    Free Member

I like Yo Sushi! but not how easy it is to spend money there.
    Mission Burrito, probably the only thing I miss about living in Oxford.

lunge

Burger King is not bad at all, the bacon double cheese mentioned above does a right job when needed.
    Cafe Rouge is consistently OK, nothing special but you know what you’ll get and know it’ll be OK. Pizza Express is the same, good, functional food.
    The legendary Wetherspoons also fits the above description. More often than not you’ll get an Ok feed, a well kept pint and it’ll cost peanuts.

milky1980
    Free Member

Gregg’s sausage rolls and a McDonald’s 6 nugget meal are the only chain food I’ll eat. Both feel naughty but are really good 8)

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I just think for pizza express[ and prezzo] prices you should expect a lot better than good functional food .How does a pizza get to cost £11 ?

fasthaggis

Chain food ^^ 😛

honeybadgerx

Mac cheese with beef shin from Pret. Eaten messily enough it’s a good way to get two seats for yourself on the 15.00 from King’s Cross to Edinburgh (a similar and slightly more effective tactics can be used with a burrito from Benito”s Hat).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Have changed my ways recently so no longer do it. But.

If I got really inebriated/lost my compass –

Large Dominos regular crust Pepperoni Passion, extra saucy, anchovies, jalapenos.

Breathe it down slathered with pots of garlic dips

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Carluccio’s for its bruschetta, focaccia and coffee

scuttler

I only ever had Eggs Benedict once at a ‘risky venue’ which was a Morrisons Cafe. It was proper crap on every level (literally – muffin crap, ham crap, eggs crap, sauce crap) so I’d be keen to know whether Weatherspoons has a more refined approach. £5, widely available and a gallon of coffee sounds great!

lunge

I just think for pizza express[ and prezzo] prices you should expect a lot better than good functional food .How does a pizza get to cost £11 ?

That assumes you pay full price, which I’m not sure anyone does at Pizza Express.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mac cheese with beef shin from Pret. Eaten messily enough it’s a good way to get two seats for yourself on the 15.00 from King’s Cross to Edinburgh (a similar and slightly more effective tactics can be used with a burrito from Benito”s Hat).

There is a circle of hell reserved for people who eat stinky food on trains. The only people worse are Virgin Trains who seem to sell the stuff. I’ve never actually worked out what the food/smell they serve is (tuna/cheese toastie, but it smells nothing like a homemade one?) is but it makes everyone except the eater retch.

scuttler

There is a circle of hell reserved for people who eat stinky food on trains. The only people worse are Virgin Trains who seem to sell the stuff. I’ve never actually worked out what the food/smell they serve is (tuna/cheese toastie, but it smells nothing like a homemade one?) is but it makes everyone except the eater retch.

No way – first 15 minutes of the 1903 out of Kings Cross should smell like a Singapore hawker spot or the world will stop turning. After that people should nicely dispose of their crap and settle down for the journey. I make no apology but people who treat tables as bins should be flushed out onto the track.

ahsat

For someone who is a bit of a food snob, I have a dark side of loving:

Itsu
    Wagamamas
    Chipotle (when in the USA)

Mmmmm

honeybadgerx

There is a circle of hell reserved for people who eat stinky food on trains.

Ace, so I’ll get plenty of room there as well then!

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

I don’t like Greggs.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Subway, tuna with peppers pickles and chillis please

Millar and Carter too.

Trekster

Last time I was in Wagamama I was ill for a week!!!! Having suffered salmonella in the ’80s I was concerned for my health and wellbeing

chewkw
    Free Member

These are good:
    McDonald
    Burger King
    Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Gregg
    Nandos

Acceptable: (but crazy price)
    Pizza hut – Tried twice in my life but good in my opinion.
    Yo Sushi! – Tried three times in my life to remember the taste. Been there done that not going back.

Shite:
    Wagamamas – tried once but never again. You are better off spending your money on the top 5 above. Wagammamas opened a franchise in my hometown … they closed down within 6 months. 😆

Drac

Yo Sushi
    McDonalds but only their wraps, classic burgers or their specials. Oh and Apple pies.
    Nando’s simple but nice
    Jamie’s Italian not bad for a chain
    Miller and Carter

I went to Wagamamas a couple weeks ago, it’s gone downhill.

vickypea
    Free Member

Starbucks fruit toast is yummy

grtdkad
    Free Member

McDonalds but only their wraps, classic burgers or their specials. Oh and Apple pies.

That is, actually most of their daytime menu anyway isn’t it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Jamie’s Italian is a bit shite.

How big is a chain? Topolobamba – have places in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdoom, cracking food.

jimmy

Bar Burrito – yes but no. Far better independents close by.

Nandos – what’s not to like about grilled, spicey chicken thighs.

McDonald’s Happy Meal – for the challenge, Yes?

[video]https://youtu.be/4EGc3r3qni8[/video]

kennyp
    Free Member

MrsKenny and I both love Nando’s. We know we shouldn’t, but we do.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Chain food you love…’ is closed to new replies.