Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cavity wall insulation…
  • votchy
    Free Member

Anyone else had the same thing as me? Since having cavity wall insulation fitted in my house using the government grant scheme ie: it was free, my house feels colder, heating switches on more often and the house doesn’t seem to hold the heat as long, I know we have had a cold snap recently but this is based on the since fitting date of October last year. Anyone else found the same?

saladdodger
    Free Member

I am in my second house where i have had the cavity’s done sorry but all is good for me< I have no concerns what so ever

lump

Even if they didnt put insulation in, ie drill the holes and dont fill. I cant see how it can make it worse 😯 I have see a few of the scam cavity wall properties on my travels. But never anyone say it was worse 🙂

totalshell

our house is a ten yr old detached. as all the neighbours paid 120-200 for CWI i advised it wasnt worth it. when i moved energy suppliers to EON they did it for free.
    with no costs to recoup it was a no brainer..

result .. absolutly no tangible difference at all. gas usage has remained static, house feels no colder or warmer. if i hadnt watched them do it and found the garage full of ‘fluff’ i wouldnt believe it had been done.

ajc
    Free Member

Wouldn’t a ten year old house already have cavity insulation?

lump

Yes,

Stoner
    Free Member

My parents house has benefited MASSIVELY from blown cavity wall insulation. Really noticeably warmer in the house.

The weather this winter has been colder, longer, than last year. You may feel colder and the heating coming on more, but without empirical numbers to prove your theory Im afraid it’s illogical. Its more likely its just colder this year than last.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cavity wall insulation…’ is closed to new replies.