Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Car breakdown cover recomendations…
  • takisawa2

Just about to re-new car insurance. Done the Go-Compare/Money Supermarket thing & current company (DirectLine) are still cheapest, but going to haggle a bit more off if I can. For past couple of years I've added their Breakdown cover & just looking for info on better deals anywhere ? Seems to be good few lesser known companies, besides AA/RAC etc, these days.
    DirectLine want £93 for their all-in personal package for me & the good lady wife. (Home-start/relay etc).
    Anyone found a good deal anywhere ?

imp999
    Free Member

AA for me every time.
    When I have had to have them out they really seem to know what they are doing (and I'm no mug with cars myself) and are keen to get you going again.
    RAC just want to put your car on a local garage's transporter, in my experience.

SaxonRider

I've had very good luck with RAC. Paid for the coverage many times over with the amount I had to call them out a few years back.

Thank goodness for 'Onward Travel' is all I can say.

samuri
    Free Member

AA for me, been with them for twenty years, they've been called out 4 times for me, once for my wife. Wonderful service every time. They've always either fixed it by the roadside, quickly and professionally or have towed me to a garage. One time my cambelt snapped and the guy towed me 20 odd miles back to my home town even though he wasn't supposed to.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I buy my RAC with my Tesco clubcard vouchers. £28 for onward travel.

Also, if you're going to be travelling to Europe, look at ADAC (the German AA). They cover you here as well as over there and it was only 75Euro for the year including free collection off the Nurburgring if you had an incident.

alexonabike

I'm a fan of AA, When I had my mini I used them about 7 times in a year – no problem (except they had to order a flat-bed truck because the dolly on the back of the Transporter couldn't fit under the front of the car!)

monkeychild
    Free Member

Gem are a treat Iused them for the first time at the weekend tokk less than 40mins from picking up the phone to someone being with me!

funkynick

It very much depends on what you want from breakdown insurance…

For me, I just want something that will fix or recover my car if I breakdown away from home, but that car is just used for commuting. For that I use Inurance Choice and it costs me £29 a year..

luke
    Free Member

you may well already be covered as part of your bank account, its worth checking

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

U.K Breakdown Cover for only £59.99!

£37 quid for you and spouse, both cars.
    Only thing to watch is that this is an insurance policy (rather than a recovery firm) so you pay the recovery firm on your credit card and autoaid repay you.
    Used 'em for the last 4 or 5 years. Never a problem. Cheque always received before had to pay credit card.
    If you need European cover too, for more than a single trip per year, then ADAC (as previously recommended) would be cheaper.

takisawa2

Cheers luke.
    I am, & its with the AA.
    But upgrading to the cover DirectLine give me will cost me £100, & the Wife would also then need her own cover.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

This "Homestart" nonsense. Let's get this right. Cold morning, car won't start. Call AA, they come and put the jumpers on. Car starts, drive away,

Car stops.

Car won't start.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Car breakdown cover recomendations…’ is closed to new replies.