Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Canyon Bikes Delivery. What can I expect?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Good Morning fellow stwers,

So yesterday I ordered my first Canyon and I know there have multiple threads on this but I still wanted to ask as I’m very excited about my new steed.

The site showed it as in stock so I ordered it and this morning I received confirmation email stating the estimated dispatch will be 3rd – 7th July.

My question how likely is that going to change – in my favour and be dispatched sooner. I’m guessing not a lot but I wanted to ask if anyone had any positive experiences out there?

Thanks 🙂

aidso
    Free Member

I ordered mine on the 6th June. Says it’s to be dispatched between 19th-23rd June but no activity on the account so far :(. Knowing my luck it’ll be dispatched when all this lovely weather has disappeared!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

mine came the week before the quoted delivery dates

yossarian
    Free Member

Mine had a delivery period of two weeks and came a few days early.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Mine came a week early too. Went from nothing to dispatched, then next day delivered.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Mine came when they said it would, that was a couple of years back though.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Mine was early too. And mine had to come all the way to Aus.

Got a call from the local team the day after I placed the offer to chat about the model, size and what I was going to use it for. Was pretty cool as the guy used to work in my LBS a few years ago.
    Bike was well packed and took about half an hour to put together and check over everything.

fatmax

First one came on time (roadie), second one (mtb) was early, and ordered an Inflite CX from their factory outlet yesterday!

teadrinker
    Free Member

Thanks Gents, fingers crossed mine will be early!

LMT
    Free Member

Mine have all been delivered on Thursdays, seems like the container ships over the weekend then it’s couriered to the local UPS once you have tracking you can track it all the way home. The estimated once in tracking is spot on!

Hhhmmm a new canyon would be good!

fatmax

Ordered the Inflite on Tuesday, getting delivered on Monday. Can’t complain about that.

fatmax

Delighted with the Inflite, got it built up last night.
    Bizarrely UPS delivered it when I was out and left the bike in the garden without telling me! Thankfully no tea leaves around to nick it yesterday!

donncha

I wasn’t so lucky!

Despite the negative reviews I attempted to buy a bike from the Canyon website. This was to be a present for my partner so I checked when the ‘in-stock’ bike would be delivered via the online chat before I ordered. I was told it would be dispatched the following week and this was confirmed in the order e-mail.

Today was the last day of the dispatch window so (after an hours wait) I got through on the online chat and asked when to expect delivery. I was told the bike won’t be dispatched for another full month as they are doing a stock-take.

I still have no official confirmation that the bike is going to be late. I’m just with the money gone from my account, no bike for my girlfriend’s birthday and the feeling that I have been blatantly lied to by Canyon.

The value for money is no longer good enough to accept this poor level of customer service.

andypaul99
    Free Member

Lux was 2 months early. Nice problem to have but did catch me out with finances and had to move money around quickly! Bike was packaged superbly, wouldnt hesitate to use Canyon again.

andy10011
    Free Member

Delay after delay after delay.

akira

One bike was continually delayed leading to cancellation and another was perfectly on time. If it’s on time you’ll have no issues, if it’s delayed expect weeks of ‘next week’ conversations.

doomanic

Try buying a Spectral:On. It seems to be a combination of lucky dip and random number generator as to when it will arrive.

snooze
    Free Member

I did eventually get a Spectral:On, but it was nightmare. I originally order one on the day they were first posted on the website in early March and the order was confirmed with an estimated shipping date of late March. I then got a series of revised shipping dates, usually after I prompted them that a shipping date had been missed. The fourth or fifth revision was in early June and was for another month delay and so I cancelled the order in sheer frustration.

I carried on looking around at other e-bikes, but nothing else seemed to have a decent spec/geometry and a reasonable price, (except the Vitus and that was sold out before I even realised it existed). To cut a very long story short, I checked back on the Canyon website late August and they had bikes “From Stock” in my size, so I ordered one and it was shipped on time the following week.

The saga didn’t quite end there though. 4 or 5 days after the shipping notification I checked back on the online Order Tracking and there was nothing shown. I contacted Canyon and told that the order tracking wouldn’t go live until the bike was received by DHL in the UK. I eventual got the bike about 2 weeks after the shipping date (previous bikes have arrived in 4-5 days after shipping), apparently they can’t air freight the Spectral:Ons because of the Lithium Ion battery, hence the longer delivery, although I can’t remember seeing this stated anywhere on the website, nor was it mentioned in any correspondence.

Very happy with the bike though and the nightmare is starting to fade………

hodgynd
    Free Member

My mate sent his frame back under warranty ..4 months ago and is still waiting for its replacement ..quite shocking really ..

mattlewis
    Free Member

Ordered my Inflite in June. As soon as they published them. Due in mid August (thought that was optimistic) but thought it would be here mid September. Just been pushed back to mid October. Really disappointing and thinking of cancelling it. communication has been good but it depends on how you get via the chat. some have been great. Email communication is very slow though. Shut for stock take now. You’d think they’d do that in  August at the end of the mtb/road season and before the cross season. Disappointing really. Trying to make my one cross bike limp through.

windyg
    Free Member

I must have got lucky, ordered an Exceed on the 3/09, delivered on the 12th.

Bonus was I was holding off buying one and was going to get it through the sponsoring program but the recent sale put it under that price.:-)

w00dster

Ordered a road bike in the sale. Was in stock in my size, dispatched within the window. Arrived two days later. About 10 days from ordering it to getting it delivered.

Box was not damaged, bike had no marks or scuffs. Very happy.

I was going to buy a different manufacturer for a fair bit more than I paid for the Canyon. But with the sale dropping close to a grand of the price, had to get the Canyon. Saved me £2500 over what I was going to spend.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Bikes Delivery. What can I expect?’ is closed to new replies.