Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Lost all faith in it now. I’m 110kgs all up and it just isn’t up to the job IMHO.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’ve been giving mine some hammer on a few downhills and its been solid as a rock so can’t see how that’s anything other than a manufacturing flaw. Keep us posted on how you get on.

parkesie
    Free Member

Thats mega unlucky jools hopefully pauls and cannondale sort you out. As above i cant see that being anything other than a defect. Mine has been coping fine with 100kg and some serious hammering.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I am also 100kg+ and not a squeak. Fingers crossed it’ll be warrantied for you, but don’t let it put you off what is a great bike (easy to say I know)

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

My trigger 2 carbon broke at the flex point in the stays 2 after say 4?5? months use. Pauls wanted the whole bike back as they said “We (cannonade) haven’t seen this before” but got a new frame out me in under 2 weeks. so don’t despair 🙂

binners

Hope you get it sorted Joolsburger. I had a problem with my dropper failing after a handful of rides (X-Fusion shite!). I know yours is obviously far more serious, but when it came to the warranty claim Pauls were brilliant!

joolsburger
    Free Member

I am absolutely gutted. It was set up 100% correctly with the right amount of sag checked by three people! I think it bottomed out and the stays couldn’t handle it. Such a shame as it was really riding well. However if it’s going to do that off a tiny log drop onto a slope not even a flat landing, I’m just not confident of the bike even if they do replace it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That’s an odd one. Must be some defect. The Trigger can take a lot of abuse and has been used on the Enduro circuit a lot. Any more pics?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Pauls are great so far arranging collection and seem to think it’s no fault of mine. Let’s hope Cannondale are equally reasonable. I’ll update when I know more.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good stuff.

Harry_the_Spider

Pauls are great so far

One would hope so as this thread is basically a 32 page advert for them that has been running for 7 months!

I have to say that I bought a load of stuff off them in a previous job where I coordinated the cycle scheme and they were spot on. I also bought a Trigger off them before they became popular.

binners

You trendsetter, you!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Paul’s are changing the back end for a new one they have and should have me back up and running pretty quickly, so that’s good work. I am taking it as read from all the comments on here about the trigger that this is very likely a one off defect and I can actually trust this bike, fingers crossed if it snaps again I’ll be miffed!

Paul’s have been excellent so far so 10 points to them, perfect response.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Great outcome! Well done Pauls

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@binners – I had a hat made, inspired by that very photo.

binners

The epitome of style! 😀

Painey
    Free Member

Jools, were you at the top of Pitch Hill roughly around 10am? I was up there with a couple of friends. Commented on the lovely red Cannonade Trigger someone was sat on admiring the view.

joolsburger
    Free Member

And what a view it was!

sargey

Anyone had a problem with the formula rear hub seizing on on their trigger 4.
    Mine seems to have lasted about five months.Can you change the bearings easily enough or is it a lbs job.

cheers dave

jaylittle
    Free Member

Pauls are really good at helping customers out. They buy extra frames to assist in issues like this so you don’t have to wait for Cannondale uk. Makes me wonder if Paul’s know Cannondale uk are poor when it comes to dealing with warranty/crash claims.

joolsburger
    Free Member

So just spoke to the guy at Paul’s. What an amazing level of customer service. I’ll have my bike back by Tuesday with a completely new rear end and shock. I have to say I can be a bit of a difficult customer at times but these guys have really impressed me.

I’m hoping that Cannondale won’t try and weasel out of sorting them out so I’m going to send over a few pics of the drop I did to show it’s not exactly what you’d call big…

I would recommend Paul’s bikes to anyone, seriously good guys.

parkesie
    Free Member

Excelent result. Give it another chance they are amazing bikes.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

So, I managed to lose my chain on the red/black at Stainburn at the weekend. Anybody fitted a chain device to their trigger? Is it possible with an oval ring or a very bad idea indeed?!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

will this fit? OneUp Direct Mount

edit-scratch that- it wont. Needs to be high direct mount

liam007
    Free Member

Interested to hear what you go for Ashy or anyone else who has already fitted a chain device to their trigger. I’ve lost my chain a couple of times so thinking of going for a device, just unsure of what will work.

crazymac680
    Free Member

I’ve forgotten to put my clutch on a couple of times. It’s rattled like crazy but never come off surprising. Might be due to my derailleur been close to max stretch?

parkesie
    Free Member

I just put a super star ring on and had no dramas clutch on or off.now my legs have manned up I even manage with the original cassette.

Jason
    Free Member

I have used mine with a single (narrow wide) ring since I have had it, and haven’t dropped the chain yet. That is with a XT rear mech.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’d not dropped my chain before this weekend and I’m using an oval narrow wide with correct length chain and etc. I don’t want to add too much weight so don’t need anything full on. I’ve seen this one- Very expensive and tiny chain device and apparently there’s an oval chainring compatible version coming soon. I’m just struggling to justify £45 for something that weighs 20g…

andyl
    Free Member

The one up chain device is similar but a bit cheaper and oval chainring compatible

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

But won’t fit the trigger….

Dekerf853

My XL Carbon Trigger arrived yesterday, looks great. I need to find some fatter grips, and maybe shorten some cables/hoses, then will be ready to go.
    Has anyone done anything about protecting the downtube and the exposed cables & hoses? Or should I stop worrying?

longmover
    Free Member

Just went to check air pressure on the DYAD and oil flowed out of the positive and negative valves, any ideas what is wrong with it?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I bought the rock guardz downtube protector for the 29er. Just to confirm it doesn’t fit the 27.5er. If anyone is near rock guardz apparently they can make one up.

longmover
    Free Member

I just wrapped part of a wtb wolverine around my down tube, better use for it than as a tyre.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Well it’s back from Paul’s with a new back end and I’m hoping that’s an end of it and it will be fine here on in.

Once again a big thumbs up from me for Paul’s cycles especially Will who is an asset to their business AFAIC.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Good news! Now get out and give it some hammer!

Earl
    Free Member

hey – I’m finding the bars are too high on my trigger 4 – even after I’ve moved all the spacers up, flipped the stem and using a flat bar.

All thats left is the headset ‘cone’ which is probably a good 20mm. Would it be crazy to move that above the stem as well?

I assume these are bearings for them. They are £11/pair so affordable to change every 6 months or so.
    Qwerty Bearings

Thoughts? Alternatives?

DanW
    Free Member

All thats left is the headset ‘cone’ which is probably a good 20mm. Would it be crazy to move that above the stem as well?

You could always buy a smaller one. It is a good idea to try and keep the upper bearing sealed (some would argue not entirely necessary) and if you could Google Slam That Stem you’ll find the very thinnest out there. Putting the 20mm conical spacer above the stem will be something I don’t think any of us have ever seen before, so please post a pic if you go that route 😉 🙂

Earl
    Free Member

Where do I buy a smaller one from?????

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM