Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannondale trail 5 /29er
  • mountainman

Going to look at above bike tonight,cheap enough local add 400 euro.

Anybody experience of them,
    Has hydraulic disk brakes in listing n good condition,so if good fit will prob bring it home.

mountainman

anybody?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

If it comes with Decipher hydraulic discs you will probably need to budget for a new set of brakes as they are pretty rubbish , fork is a very basic Suntour . Must be a couple of years old as the Trail has been 27.5 for a couple of years .

hanchurch
    Free Member
    Inbred456
    Free Member

I have a trail 3 29er. I think the large and X large are 29 and the smaller frames 27.5. Great bike for general XC stuff. Mine is the XL. I use mine for general XC stuff and keeping fit. Okay on the road. I changed from the nine line tyre on the front and put a smart Sam on. For an ally frame it’s really compliant and comfy. If I was using it for trail centres I would put a better fork on the front and maybe slacken the head angle a bit. The cannondale seat post, bars and stem work really well. Mine has deore hydraulics on it with a deore rear mech. The wheels are ok. Had to get the back one rebuilt with a couple of new spokes but I did land a bit heavily once! Oops. Fork on mine is a Rock Shocks XC 30.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Paul’s have a trail 3 in M & LG for £529.00. For the better forks and brakes I would say it’s better value than the 4 or 5 maybe.

mountainman

Well got it ,300 euro,so got budget to spend on it,not perfect,needs new tyre on rear and fork lock out missing .
    So will look for remote lock,and put mountain king on rear.
    or may upgrade the fork.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale trail 5 /29er’ is closed to new replies.