Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • can we have a 'predict the housing market' thread…
  • hosepipe
    Free Member

we haven't had one for about 3 hours. i need to know….

ooOOoo
    Free Member

23.4% drop by Jun2012

BoardinBob

In my street, actual sold prices and the asking prices for ones currently for sale are back at the 2007 peak.

mudshark
    Free Member

Buy low, sell high

glenh
    Free Member

12.5% rise by Jun 2012

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Rent.

Stoner
    Free Member

the market view (using derivative vehicles anyway)

EDIT: BTW let me know if you cant see that graph. may need to have a login…

midgebait
    Free Member

Houses are definitely going to have a price which might go up and/or down, or a bit of both … probably, depending on the area of course.

Hope that helps the chat at the next dinner party 🙂

midlifecrashes

If you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Rio

If you want to know whether they'll go up or down in your area I find this is the most reliable source.

ahwiles
    Free Member

they're gonna go up.

buy-to-letters are getting itchy, cos they haven't bought a house for a few months, and they can see the cheap-ish mortgages/houses that are available to those with deposits/equity.

as buy-to-letters hoover up more and more houses, and then hold onto them, we all have to enter a bidding war for those houses that do come on the market.

and so the cycle continues; a bidding war over an increasingly small amount of houses available for sale…

BigDummy
    Free Member

With respect, this question can only be properly analysed by looking at the circumstances of my marriage and its subsequent collapse.

I bought a house, because my wife reckoned it would make our relationship better. The housing market crashed pretty much at that moment and I've been in mind-buggerising negative equity ever since.

Right now, we are discussing which of us gets to keep this toxic liability on outr baance sheet. I predict with some confidence that if it is me there will be a period of stagnation with possible further falls.

If it is her then a return to the bull market will surely follow.

This forecast has been brought to you in association with Sod's Law. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘can we have a 'predict the housing market' thread…’ is closed to new replies.