Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Calling all Aberdeenshire Mountain bikers – fancy a race?
  • marionheck
    Free Member

Calling anyone in Aberdeen area who fancies a bit of fun racing. So, I have managed to get off my posterior and arrange something.

‘Mates Races’ (shamelessly stolen idea from Dirt article) are going to happen the first Thursday of each month at various locations all around the local area. The races will be enduro type races with timed stages, mostly going down the contours but there will inevitably be some up as well.

First one is this Thursday – if you fancy it, email me on abzmatesrace@hotmail.co.uk and I will send you all the info and add you to the mailing list for future stuff. getting quite a good response so far so there should be a good field and some fun to come!

Come and get amongst it, get a local scene going.

Hopefully see you there

D

trail_rat
    Free Member

what time do you anticipating it ending at ?

any one going back to culter afterwards for space for 1 + bike ?

marionheck
    Free Member

reckon it will take up to about 8 o’clock. I can give you a lift as far as westhill if you want.

D

trail_rat
    Free Member

that will work as im a gnats fart from west hill if im all honest …..- cullerie stone circle.

ill try and make it along so since its the inagural event

marionheck
    Free Member

I can give you a lift home, i am near enough there anyway. I must of ridden past your house on saturday then (on road bike) as road past the stones then.

be good to catch up as well.

D

trail_rat
    Free Member

ha i did notice on strava that lara does some of the same segments as me ….

marionheck
    Free Member

oh god – this strava thing is kiiling me, will have to find you on strava then… the mates races stages are on strava, well they will be after the event when i make them public.

chiefinspector
    Free Member

Where do you plan to have the first event?

marionheck
    Free Member

Chiefinspector – email me and i will pass all the info on. don’t really want to splash it on a forum.

it is starting to shape up nicely!

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Can I come and play, you’ll have to give me a lift home too though 🙂

marionheck
    Free Member

Shortsinwinter – you live in perth OZ – if you chip in petrol money, it would make one hell of a road trip!!! i am in! we coudl hit all teh good riding spots on the way

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Splendid, see you Thursday then

marionheck
    Free Member

shorts – if only…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

a resounding success i believe ?

never soo so many cyclists in kirkhill on all sorts.

good craik ! – next time though ill bring the 456 i think.

Sanny
    Free Member

Hi D

Did you or your mates bump into my mate Marky Mark yesterday prior to the race? He was the guy on the polished Turner Flux with the knackered SIDs.

Cheers

Sanny

trail_rat
    Free Member

not that i remember sanny.

anyone else have their strava on ? I “think” ive turned the stages into segments

messiah
    Free Member

I coudn’t make it but I’ve heard good things from two friends who were there; so well done marionheck

Certainly no room for mistakes. There’s a lot of fit and capable bikers around these parts.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Calling all Aberdeenshire Mountain bikers – fancy a race?’ is closed to new replies.