Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Bye Ellie….. you've been great.
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

After 16 1/2 years it’s time for Ellie to go this afternoon. Her back legs are getting weaker by the day and there are a few other issues that have started in the last 6 months. She’s had a great life but she’s tired now and not enjoying it anymore.

I thought it wouldn’t be too bad this time as she’s pretty old and I had to take my soul mate, Morgan, to the vet for the same thing this time last year – but the tears are flowing and feel I terrible.

Thanks El, we’ll miss you.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

RIP

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that sharkbait. Sounds like she’s been an ace dog.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh man, that’s rough news.

Off to chase the eternal rabbit.

ton

worse feeling i have ever experianced.

feel for you mate……… 🙁

PJM1974
    Free Member

🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Bugger! I feel for you but as it is for the best and with dignity it’s the right thing to do. 😥

emsz
    Free Member

😥

she sounds like she’s been loved. Your doing the right thing.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Sad news.

RIP

hora
    Free Member

Give her her favourite treat ever first.

You are doing the best thing. 🙂

Simwit

😥 A good innings but it doesn’t make it any easier, I feel for you.

andyl
    Free Member

Damn, sitting here looking at our spaniel with a tear in my eye now 🙁

16 1/2 years though – you have to be grateful for that. Damn good innings. RIP

Roblilly
    Free Member

You are doing the right thing but it hurts so much doesn’t it…

singularone
    Free Member

feel for you

binners

Sorry to hear that. Weirdly a girl I work with has been showing me pictures of her new cocker spaniel puppy. Which looks like a tiny bundle of fun, energy and carnage, and is apparently very prone to leg humping.

Maybe that’s the way forward when you’ve got over saying your goodbye’s. Chin up fella!

hora
    Free Member

16.5yrs is a brilliant inners. You obviously look after your pets properly IMO.

spacemonkey

Sorry mate.

Similar thing happened here last year. Time does heal.

Just beware these threads sometimes bring out the insensitive nature in certain people. I only hope that particular breed **** off and keep their thoughts to themselves.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Very sorry to hear that. Looks like she’s had a great life. Can’t imagine how tough it would be to have to see her go. Looking at our 18 month old pooch, this thread has brought a lump to my throat.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Always horrible when it happens but 16 is a cracking run for a dog and I’m sure she has a brilliant life, sounds like your doing the kindest thing. All the best.

passtherizla
    Free Member

four months to the day, since my rotty had to be put to sleep… very sad times indeed. 🙁

derek_starship
    Free Member

Grief is the price you pay for years of love and fun. It will pass and you will enjoy the memories.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I feel for you, (even shed a tear for you). I envy your 16.5 years. I only had 9.5 with my gsd.

We all know we’d given them half of our own remaining years if we could.

surfer
    Free Member

Sorry to hear it Sharkbait, she’s a lovely dog. It takes a caring owner to do what you are doing. Chin up.

AndyRT
    Free Member

we have planted quite a few tress (usually fruit trees over them, where they’re buried) and it feels strangely comforting seeing them blossom in the Spring and adding a permanent memorial to a family member never forgotten, and always loved.

nickf
    Free Member

My eldest dog is six, and I’m dreading the day when I have to make the trip you’re taking today. Nothing wrong with being in tears over the loss of a much-loved member of the family; I’d be surprised if you weren’t, to be honest.

Markie
    Free Member

Best wishes.

rOcKeTdOg

I wish my ex would do the right thing with our old parsons jack russel, but she keeps trying yo cure old age, he can’t walk properly now, it must be awful for whst was such an active dog, he deserves better than that

Ellie is pain free now and thats the best thing and you are left with all the great memories

Cooroo
    Free Member

It hurt so much making this decision for a rabbit earlier this year, I can hardly imagine how it must be with a dog. She’s had a great life and lots of love. (oh no I’ve started crying again!)

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Best wishes, the kindest and most dignified thing you can do, also one of the most difficult. Take care.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well she’s having a long, well deserved sleep now. Hopefully I’ll catch up with her one day, but not too soon.
    Right on cue it’s just started raining here.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Oh I’ve gone all misty now and I work in an open office. Just soemthing in my eye everyone- honest.

Commiserations I know how you feel. Gone through this with two of our dogs now and cried like a baby each time.

Lucas
    Free Member

16.5yrs is a great age but it doesn’t make it any easier

Going to go home and give my dog a big hug now……….

AndyRT
    Free Member

My condolences. I hope you soon find a new soul to join you on epic rides.

You know it was for the best. Time to remember the good times…

sharkbait
    Free Member

At least we’ve got this little bundle of joy to take our minds off things. 9 month old pocket rocket – and no we don’t let our dogs on the table!

hughjengin
    Free Member

Feel for you, lump in my throat. People underestimate the bond between man and dog. All the best, she looks like she was an amazing friend

Bregante

Sorry to hear this. Sounds as though you gave her a wonderful life.

Woody
    Free Member

Smashing looking dog mate. You gave her a very good life by the looks of it, and you’re right, it never gets any easier, in fact I think it may get worse as you get older.

Enjoy the memories and extra hugs to the ‘pocket rocket’, who’ll be a bit lost too 😥

andyl
    Free Member

^ cheeky little bugger on the table! Is it a cocker or field?

Gave Lottie a big hug today as we sat in the sun on our afternoon walk as I was thinking about this.

JulianA
    Free Member

Feel for you.

Very, very hard for you but the right thing to do. Doesn’t make it any easier though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

All the best to Ellie 🙁

Hope the sadness today is replaced with happy memories as time goes on dude.

*manly arm round the shoulder*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Bye Ellie….. you've been great.’ is closed to new replies.