Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Buying stuff on Ebay from the far east? Good, bad, dangerous?
  • jonb
    Free Member

I've been looking at various Ebay shops selling stuff from Hong Kong, Taiwan, China etc. It started off when I was looking for a second light and now I've bought a few non essential components like bottle cages

E.g.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/allez-bid-bike__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Theres also one doing carbon frames and components at cheap prices too but I can't find it again.

Has anyone used these type of sellers and do you have any feedback on the more expensive and critical components like bars and frames? I can't help thinking that the likes of On-one, planet-x, superstarcomponents and probably several of the big brands get their stuff from the same factories so it should be ok. But I don't want to find out the QC is poor and have my bars snap.

If you do buy stuff which shops do you use?

druidh
    Free Member

I've had nothing but good experiences buying stuff that way. In fact, I got my Ti hardtail frame through ebay and it's been superb. I can recommend this one http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/m_r_bikestore

bunnerscj
    Free Member

bought branded stuff, Thomson posts / stems, shimano brake set, no probs other than got screwed on import tax on one purchase !
    All good

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Got some carbon bars and a few other bits from taiwan I think. The sellers had hundreds of sales and had 90+ positive ratings so I figured they were okay. Had no problems.

mymorph
    Free Member

recently bought some MTE flashlights and batteried with no problems at all, quick delivery too. missed out on import tax cant remember the threshold currently.
    but it must be risky espicially if its damaged or faulty

jonb
    Free Member

I did a search and came up with a list of sellers doing carbon stuff. some of it looks too good to be true!

carbonbicycle

bicyclemarket

skcycling

bikbicycle99

bicycle999

Still I can't find any (strong looking) 27.2mm 350mm alu alloy seatposts.

handyman153
    Free Member

Jonb,
    Have you got an email address i can contact you on?
    Might have some info you are interested in..

Cheers
    PS.. Email in profile

jonb
    Free Member

jonathan _ bayley [at] hotmail d0t c0m.

handyman153
    Free Member

Email Sent

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Buying stuff on Ebay from the far east? Good, bad, dangerous?’ is closed to new replies.