Viewing 14 posts - 1,161 through 1,174 (of 1,174 total)
  • Buying and renovating a rural property on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees
  • mogrim

Saw 39 on my Garmin on Saturday, thankfully it was a lot cooler today!

bob_summers

I was in Biarritz on Saturday, car was showing 44C. We headed to the woods, had a picnic in (literally in) the river and a sea fog blew in dropping temps by 20C in an instant, as is fairly usual here – hot winds from the south always lose to the Atlantic after a couple of days!

StuE
    Free Member

Sailed home from Roscoff on Sunday morning and was 13C and pouring down, felt sorry for the cyclists coming off the ferry

spekkie
    Free Member

Last weekend was the annual Farmers Market in Aisa, this weekend is a big Fiesta. This evening there will be a show on in the plaza and tomorrow night music and dancing. I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the UK this summer – so missed the Guaso village and Boltana town Fiestas – so this weekend will be nice 🙂

I’m looking forward to chocolate coated Churros!!

spekkie
    Free Member

After a nice week of R&R back in Spain – hiking, swimming, riding and picnicing – we’re heading off tonight to Barcelona for an early morning flight to the States in the morning.

Our first trip back in 2017 was to NYC – amazing. Last year we were in Denver/Boulder/The Rockies – equally amazing. This trip is to North Carolina. If our daughter and her husband keep moving like this we’re going to get to see all the states! They spoil us rotten when we’re there 🙂

When I get back in a couple of weeks time I’ll be on my own for a month until Mrs Spekkie comes back. A good chance to do some nice long rides and make some progress with our Project. It’ll just be tidying up and maintenance to start with but it always feels so good spending time up there in Guaso.

spekkie
    Free Member

Finally finding time to post a quick update!

Since my last post, long story short….

My supposed two weeks in the US turned into me staying the full 6 weeks with Mrs Spekkie. Had a great time, did some work, did some riding and spent some quality time with the kids and the 18 month old grandson. Then back to Spain for Christmas and the New Year. Spent the first three months of 2023 in Spain riding/hiking/walking on every available dry/sunny day either by ourselves or with friends and now I’m in the UK for a little while.

We don’t post on here as much as we do on other Social Media – simply because the “Insta and copy to FB” exercise is so easy to do. Here are a couple of pics from February via Tumblr though . . .

cvilla

Good work, appreciate the update keep them coming, hope the house build is on plan, appreciate plans change, we’ve all seen grand designs;) Aim to get around there some day.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

I’ve just read this whole thread from beginning to end! Thank you for posting updates, spekkie, and for showing so many photos of this amazing part of the world. Like many others, I’m now considering a visit..!

spekkie
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it PCA! I’ll try and keep it a bit more up-to-date from now on . . . .

bob_summers

I was missing the updates too!

Missing ZZ as well, I usually get up there at Easter for a couple of days trail running but ended up on the wrong side of the country this time. Will be there in early summer before it gets too hot, although who knows anymore – I was running at 2500m at new year in a t-shirt…

spekkie
    Free Member

I’m finally back in Spain after several months working away – and I’m just in time for tomorrows “Copa de España de Pumptrack” competition! 🙂

As soon as I get time I’ll post some updates – this year has been crazy busy

bob_summers

Jogged past your house last month Spekkie, stayed at the campsite in Ainsa for a mini break before school started.
    Ran up to Morcats and back – stunning as always but very overgrown compared to a couple of years ago. Seems to be a new (?) veggie restaurant in Guaso too, didn’t get chance to try it.

spekkie
    Free Member

Hey Bob!

Yeah the bar in the Guaso Plaza now serves vegetarian food. They’ve gone for the concise “fixed menu” idea – a choice of a couple of options for each course, to cater for differing tastes – rather than a full menu. They are big on sustainability and the idea is to optimise using local seasonal ingredients and to reduce wastage. They say it allows them to cook a few things efficiently rather than lots of things inefficiently. It’s run by a nice lady who speaks several languages. The lady that had it before took over the lease just before Covid hit and it was only the construction workers working on the new road between Guaso and  Latorrecilla that kept her afloat. Sadly in the end she gave up. ….

I was in Morcat not too long ago when we went over that way to find the sculptures dotted around in the fields.

Generally, some of the trails are becoming a bit overgrown. There is a view held by some here that Zona Zero has just become too big to manage it the way it was conceived and managed in the past – a small group of friends with a chainsaw and a pick….. I guess we will see 🙂

mogrim

Nice to see the thread back – I saw Zona Zero got a mention in Bike magazine this month, and I was wondering how it was going up there!

Viewing 14 posts - 1,161 through 1,174 (of 1,174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.