Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bulgaria hols
  • pj11
    Free Member

Anybody been here? Hotel recommendations ? Is there much to do there?

Sundayjumper

Went snowboarding in Pamporovo once, and my wife’s stepbrother is married to a Bulgarian girl, we went out there for the wedding.

1) Everything is quite basic.
    2) It’s very cheap.
    3) They drink a LOT. In addition to beer & wine there was a litre of vodka on every 4-person table at the wedding breakfast, for consumption during the meal. After that, the bar opened.

nigew
    Free Member

Where are you thinking of going?
    The coast, the mountains, City break?
    I have been biking in Pamporovo and had a few nights out in near by Smolyan.
    Also been to Borovets and had two days in Sofia.
    The Bulgarian people are friendly, it’s very cheap to eat out and the food is great
    Oh and they drink a lot 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

We went skiing there quite a few years ago, can’t remember where but same experience as Sundayjumper.

Plus all the food looks to be the same no matter what it’s called on the menu.

jairaj

Went to Bansko for skiing earlier this year. Found the locals friendly, service at restaurants and bars was very good as was the food and was quite cheap especially for a ski resort.

Clobber
    Free Member

If you’re thinking summer beach holiday then (according to my Bulgarian colleague) “Sunny Beach” is like Benidorm for Russians and is best to be avoided, but up the coast at Sveti Vlas is nicer….

pj11
    Free Member

Would like to go in September , don’t like the sound of like Benidorm , beach holiday preferably.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Went to Sunny Beach, the resort was lovely, the town is horrific, few decent restaurants, mostly tacky crap though. The beach is a beach, I don’t like them.

It’s almost 3rd world cheap, but there’s nothing to buy.

Left to visit Varna with some friends who moved there, it’s lovely – a bit like Prague without the strip clubs and coke dealers, the little village our friends live in is also lovely, middle of the middle of no where, houses are £10k a pop (or were).

They love a bit of organised crime out there, the average salary in Bulgaria is about €400 a month, but I saw more AMG S-Class and G-Wagons than anywhere else on earth, shady looking blokes in leather jackets in 40c heat.

The Russians are worth a laugh, they love a speedo!

redthunder
    Free Member

Me 1974

It may of changed a bit by now 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KPWKTn]1974[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

me beach combing in Bulgaria 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KEEmqo]Bulgaria 1974.[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

allthegear
    Free Member

I came through Bulgaria on my motorbike last week – lovely place! Basic, yes, but definitely with a charm all of its own.

A visit to Buzludzha would be mandatory, I’d say. Worth trying to crawl inside. Can’t post photos from my phone.

Go!

Rachel (currently in Romania still. Possibly even more amazing than Bulgaria)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bulgaria hols’ is closed to new replies.