Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brompton bag bodge (fit a C bag to a pannier rack)
  • guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Evening

I’ve got a Brompton C bag (with frame) which fits onto the front of the Brompton via the fixing block:

I want to be able to use my C bag with the pannier rack on my other (normal) bike.

Has anyone bodged one of the blocks shown above onto the side of a pannier rack or found another way of attaching their C bag to a rack?

Suggestions for bodging are welcome. I’m thinking of heading to Screwfix and picking up various nuts, bolts and drilled plates in an attempt to bodge it.

Cheers
    jon

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Ah come on, someone give me some inspiration!

sssimon
    Free Member

the problem is the depth needed for the release would mean it’s either going to have to sit way out from the rack or the mount will be too close to the spokes, you’ll need to chop a block and make a lower profile release catch.

the question would be if it’s worth the hassle

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve been umm-ing and aah-ing about the depth and whether to chop it or not. Does seem like a lot of hassle.

I could just use the brompton but it’s not great on the hills round here!

MTFU?

lorax

I was wondering exactly the same thing the other day and decided against it – I just couldn’t work out a way to secure the block as solidly as it is on the Brompton. So I’m just going to stick with swapping stuff between Brompton bag and Ortlieb depending on the bike of the day 🙂

rootes1

get some loops stitched on the back of the C bay so you can attach to the rack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brompton bag bodge (fit a C bag to a pannier rack)’ is closed to new replies.