Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 656 total)
  • British IS female wants to come back to UK…
  • kimbers

Maybe someone else was giving her an alternative version but she will certainly have seen the mainstream version of events,

It’s really quite possible she didn’t read the sun you know!

Your view is simply old fashioned & out of step with the modern world, it’s very easy, if not the norm, now to get all your news from social media & also very easy to put yourself in an echo chamber.

Javid knows that a child bride groomed at 15 & her 2 day old baby aren’t a threat to national security.

Javid also knows that there’s a leadership battle coming soon & he has to try extra hard to keep the gammony membership happy if he wants a shot at power, on account of them already being wary of him for obvious gammony reasons.

Javid will happily fk over this girl & her baby if it increases his likelihood of becoming PM

outofbreath
    Free Member

Or one of the most brainwashed people there given she went despite the media coverage on the reality of the situation

That’s not brainwashing. That’s hearing both arguments and coming to a conclusion with all the data.

rene59
    Free Member

To put this woman in the same category of victim as those kidnapped by ISIS from their own homes and forced into sex slavery is a mockery. Ditto those comparing her to victims of paedo gangs in the UK. She knew fine well what she was getting into, she went because it appealled to her and her beliefs. She wasn’t forced into marriage – she went there to get married to a like minded person and raise a family under laws she couldn’t have in the UK. Don’t know what it is about some people, totally incapable of seeing women as anything other than victims. It’s sexism, which is ironic considering these same people throw that term about left right and centre to everyone else yet partake in it at the most fundamental level.

kilo

Not if she was brainwashed to ignore or distrust the media coverage that was available to her, you know like fake media bs

PrinceJohn

Javid already knew what to do. He’s just decided mob rule is the way forward.

Between this, reading the comments underneath the news stories on FB & Twitter & Brexit the level of hatred & stupidity in this country right now sickens me to my core.

franksinatra

he knew fine well what she was getting into, she went because it appealled to her and her beliefs

She was 15 years old. That is very young.
    The Police knew she was being groomed but they didn’t inform her parents. Instead they gave her a letter to give to them.

The best way to judge the civility of a country is to look at how it treats its criminals. She is our problem, we can’t just ignore her and hope someone else deals with it her and that suddenly we are all safer. We should bring her back, look after her (innocent) child and deal with her appropriately here in her own country.

PrinceJohn

@Rene59 – was her husband a pedophile? Because a 30 yr old marrying a 15 yr old suggests he was. That makes her a victim.

rene59
    Free Member

I’m assuming that at 15 years old she was not prepubescent, so no her husband wasn’t a paedophile.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’m assuming that at 15 years old she was not prepubescent, so no her husband wasn’t a paedophile.

The age of consent is 15 in Syria. People can make of that what they will in regard to this situation.

avdave2

Radicalized she could become an extremely powerful weapon against the poison spread by ISIS. Removed of her citizenship we’ll have no idea where she is or what ideology she is spreading around the world.

crazy-legs

The Tories must be loving all this.

The Saj gets to appear all hardline and appealing to the rightwing press and gammons (even if it subsequently gets overturned in a Supreme Court as being against international law, they’ll get to say “ah we tried our best but it’s that pesky Human Rights Act”)

And it’s a useful diversion to the Brexit car crash.

And on the plus side, it also shows up in public how appalingly useless many of our politicians are yet again as they sit there on TV saying “funny tinged people” and arguing against international law. All they’re doing is playing even more openly to the populist vote.

Cougar

One of the things that’s become abundantly clear to me from reading these ten pages is how little we actually know about the details of this case. There’s two very different narratives going on here.

One which says she watched a couple of videos on the Internet, thought “that’s for me,” hopped on a plane to Syria, fell in with ISIS, married a terrorist, turned into a baby factory for new recruits, took part in many atrocities, shows absolutely no remorse for the part she’s played and now suddenly is desperately trying to come home so she can have a big cuddle from her mum and a free council house.

The other states that she was groomed and brainwashed, persuaded to go over there against her better judgement whilst still a minor, was then taken advantage of, suffered multiple horrors including the almost immediate death of her two babies (which is suspicious in itself, maybe they weren’t male enough?), happened to make a remark about wanting to come home to a passing journalist, and is too scared for the life of herself and her new-born to speak out, and is now trapped in an ISIS cell with an innocent new-born.

I don’t know which of these is closer to the truth. Do you? If you don’t, maybe it might be prudent to think twice before reaching for a keyboard to proudly declare that you think she should be either shot in cold blood or brought home for counselling and cakes.

outofbreath
    Free Member

One of the things that’s become abundantly clear to me from reading these ten pages is how little we actually know about the details of this case.

There’s a little bit more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharmeena_Begum

…but yeah, you’d have to be a mind reader to know what she really thinks now and what she thought at various stages in the past.

That shouldn’t be a barrier to internet conjecture.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

If you don’t, maybe it might be prudent to think twice before reaching for a keyboard to proudly declare that you think she should be either shot in cold blood or brought home for counselling and cakes.

^ if we all lived by this last paragraph rules this forum/website would be very quiet…that might even be a good thing!!

Cougar

The Saj gets to appear all hardline and appealing to the rightwing press and gammons (even if it subsequently gets overturned in a Supreme Court as being against international law, they’ll get to say “ah we tried our best but it’s that pesky Human Rights Act”)

TBH, that was my first thought when I read the article I posted. It’s a great publicity stunt for Javid given the sheer volume of gammony comment on the Internet, and it’s a win-win situation for the government.

I expect that one of two things will now happen: either she’ll quietly disappear as the story goes cold and we’ve conveniently washed our hands of the situation; or it’ll blow up into a big brouhaha where she ends up back here before the beak, the Tories can go “well, we tried to block her from returning” and the Express will be ankle-deep in spooge over the free anti-EU propaganda we’ve just handed to them.

kilo

OOB
    That’s quite a sad tale in the link you posted;

Begum’s mother was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in 2013 and told she had only six months left to live. She kept this secret from her daughter for as long as possible.[3] Begum is believed to have been grieving the death of her 33-year-old mother in January 2014 of cancer and was targeted by islamic preachers and online extremists who had taken advantage of her fragile state.[4][5]

franksinatra

So you are saying that someone is only a paedophile if their victim is pre-pubescent? Wow.

outofbreath
    Free Member

That’s quite a sad tale in the link you posted;

The whole thing’s tragic. It would have been a whole lot better if she’d stayed in the UK herself and (especially) hadn’t introduced her friends to the Islamic Forum of Europe. (Assuming Omar Wahid’s report is correct.)

outofbreath
    Free Member

So you are saying that someone is only a paedophile if their victim is pre-pubescent? Wow

I’d hope he is. I’d hope you and I would too.

Here’s a clue: “Pedophilia (alternatively spelt paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.”

rene59
    Free Member

So you are saying that someone is only a paedophile if their victim is pre-pubescent? Wow.

I’m fairly certain that’s the definition of paedophilia yes. I think you are confusing paedophilia with hebephilia and/or ephebophilia.

Anything else you want me to look up for you while I’m here?

franksinatra

OOB, that article is about another girl of the same name, not the girl currently in the news.
    Its still tragic but is another child.

kimbers

so wait those muslim grooming gangs werent paedos?

someone better tell Tommy!

Cougar

There’s a little bit more here:

Ah, cheers.

So it would appear that she might well have been indoctrinated, but there’s contradictory reports even there.

The more I read about this case, the more I think the right thing to do would be to extradite her for questioning and potentially to face charges. I initially thought this anyway – that’s how our legal system works, as evidenced by the Secret Barrister tweet above – but added to that there’s possibly a lot to be gained from interviewing her. We could find out exactly how she came to be in the situation which might help us to prevent it from happening again, and she could have valuable terrorism intel.

Not that that’s likely to happen, of course. Aside from the fact we’ve just thrown her to the lions anyway, she’ll be in a shallow grave before anyone would be able to get near her for reasons as per my previous paragraph. I can’t imagine ISIS would allow her to fall into our hands any time soon.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Sorry all, the link is another girl with the same name from the same school who went a bit earlier, this is the current one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amira_Abase,_Shamima_Begum_and_Kadiza_Sultana

Cougar

OOB, that article is about another girl of the same name, not the girl currently in the news.

Wow, you’re right, how did I miss that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amira_Abase,_Shamima_Begum_and_Kadiza_Sultana

outofbreath
    Free Member

When questioned about the rape, enslavement and murder of Yazidi women she claimed: “Shia do the same in Iraq”.

It’s just pure whataboutery. It’s doesn’t make it right, and you don’t have travel across the world to get involved yourself.

leffeboy

In the interview she didn’t look non apologetic – she looked like a teenager being interviewed by a hardened reporter with a point of view to push.  She didn’t have the backup of  PR manager to tell her the line to take so instead she went with what she honestly felt.  It’s not difficult to see her as someone who was radicalized and out of their depth as a 15 year old as grown adults buy that stuff

outofbreath
    Free Member

she went with what she honestly felt.

Indeed. That’s the concern.

irelanst
    Free Member

Then there is the child, which is also British. It has effectively been sentenced too.

The child is Dutch as well as British,

“A person born on or after 1 January 1985 to a Dutch father or mother (afstamming) is automatically a Dutch national at birth (van rechtswege). It is irrelevant where the child is born.”

Cougar

The child is Dutch,

Does that conceivably mean that the child is dual-nationality, Dutch and British? (EDIT: I typed that before your edit..!)

I’ll be honest, I don’t really understand how this citizenship thing works. A child of Bangladeshi parents born in the UK is a British citizen. But a child of a British citizen (and a Dutch one) born in Syria is… also a British citizen? I’m clearly misunderstanding something but I don’t really follow the logic.

ChrisL

The best way to judge the civility of a country is to look at how it treats its criminals. She is our problem, we can’t just ignore her and hope someone else deals with it her and that suddenly we are all safer. We should bring her back, look after her (innocent) child and deal with her appropriately here in her own country.

That’s my feeling. Whether she is a victim or a villain or (almost inevitably) somewhere in-between, this is the UK’s mess to sort out and avoiding it due to a technicality is pathetic.

irelanst
    Free Member

IANAL, but yes, the child will qualify for dual citizenship unless Begums (British) citizenship was withdrawn before it was born. Basically under Dutch and British law, citizenship is passed down by the parents. I assume that one (or both) of Begums parents have been granted British citizenship or qualified for settled status before she was born.

seosamh77
    Free Member

outofbreath

she went with what she honestly felt.

Indeed. That’s the concern.

Tbh the fear of 19 year old and her new born baby is more of a concern.

A nation of shitebags and cretins! 😆

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If you don’t, maybe it might be prudent to think twice before reaching for a keyboard to proudly declare that you think she should be either shot in cold blood or brought home for counselling and cakes.

I don’t know much about it but one thing I do know is that brought back and deradicalised, she has great potential to travel round schools where girls (and boys) are at risk of radicalisation and telling her story. 2 dead kids and heads in bins in the glorious caliphate or medical care and no beheadings, not even for jumping a red light on bicycle or wearing socks with sandals, in the evil west.

forked
    Free Member

She was groomed at 15, the police were aware, the school was aware but nobody told the parents and first they knew was when she had left

Pull the other one! Her dad was taking her to extremist demonstrations attended by the likes of Lee Rigby’s killer from the age of thirteen.

Will grooming now become a get out of jail free card for all Islamists “I can’t be held responsible for bombing a music concert in Manchester cos I was groomed when I was 15”

seosamh77
    Free Member

Will grooming now become a get out of jail free card for all Islamists “I can’t be held responsible for bombing a music concert in Manchester cos I was groomed when I was 15”

Some leap to blame this daft lassie for the Manchester bombing.

kilo

So she was groomed from the age of thirteen, it just gets sadder and sadder.

Having just read one of the previous links it seems you have confused the girls and ignored the fact that the father was repentant and ashamed of attending the demo. I presume you’re just a gobshite

Cougar

Her dad was taking her to extremist demonstrations

Got a source for that, please?

Will grooming now become a get out of jail free card for all Islamists

All of them?

PrinceJohn

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/shamima-begum-isis-bride

The above is an interesting article from the journalist who originally found her.

richmtb

She should be **** shot.

C’mon if we’re going to go to the effort of bringing back capital punishment for a 19 year old mother who was radicalised as a minor and not actually been charged with any crimes, at least show some bloody imagination.

I mean crucifixion has a certain irony to it – maybe we could do it in front of a Mosque?

On the other hand she’s female and follows an ideology we disagree with so that probably makes her a witch, so there’s your standard burning at the stake or drowning in a lake.

Then again others have called her a traitor so that would probably call for being hung, drawn and quartered. Seems only fair after joining medieval death cult that a suitable medieval punishment is used.

Maybe we could put it to a public vote?

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 656 total)

The topic ‘British IS female wants to come back to UK…’ is closed to new replies.