Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • Bristol Bikefest Roll Call
  • clubber
    Free Member

So, who’s going to be racing at the Bristol Bikefest this weekend?

I’ll be there – tall bloke riding in LVIS kit on a full sus black Rocky Mountain that may well have mud tyres on if the forecast’s right…

See you all there

GaryLake
    Free Member

12 hour solo – riding a Gold Orange Five which now looks like a halfords special with bar ends on risers and mudguards all round 😳

Don’t judge me! I just want to be comfortable!

Looking at that photo I dont’ reckon that’s too far off what we can expect!

aP
    Free Member

I will be there, not sure about riding yet as I am recovering from what appears to have been a flu episode in the last week. If I feel like just trudging round and not worrying about things I’ll be soloing on a very elderly yellow SS Chameleon very slowly, with a fair bit of walking up all the climbs.
    Alternatively, I may now be drinking all Saturday to the undoubted annoyance of my other0.5 who is racing in a women’s team.

Napalm
    Free Member

aP – I’ll look out for you. I’m riding in a 69er pair.
    Have a good race if you recover in time.

clubber
    Free Member

From riding last night, I reckon some rain would be a good thing to set some of the trail repairs (excellent work Bristol Trail Group/Ant!) though I suspect that much more than a bit will turn it into a slimy ice rink – going to be fun!

aP
    Free Member

Thanks napalm, not looking good at the moment though.

sp
    Free Member

I’ll be there with Tim41 in the SS pairs for beyond925. Lets hope Paul still has a pact with the Devil so we get the weather Bikfest is accustomed to 😛

See you all Friday

MrAgreeable

I’m racing in the mixed pairs category with the GF. We’re both riding credit crunch-tastic rigid singlespeeds – apart from the bragging rights, we just wanted to try something a bit different. Expect us to retire around lap 3 with severe hand bruising/exploded knees.

We’ll also be rattling the tin for the Bristol Trails Group whose volunteers have done a cracking job (if I say so myself) of getting the course into shape for the race. Any donations to the cake and spade fund will be gratefully received. 🙂

MrAgreeable

I reckon some rain would be a good thing to set some of the trail repairs

I was thinking this too, a light dusting of moisture wouldn’t go amiss.

ianpv
    Free Member

Metcheck forecast is looking ok now – 1.6mm of rain at 4pm.

Fingers crossed!

soma_rich
    Free Member

I will be there Black Scandal 29er in a non competative team of 4. Will look out for you Napalm was good chatting at D2D last year.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Solo for Las Vegas Institute of Sport / Tutton Recruitment

JamesD
    Free Member

Mixed team riding for A Quick Release holidays 🙂

lookmanohands
    Free Member

I’ll be there team of 4, I’ll be mostly riding round no handed!

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

I am having my first stab at solo, I will be riding v slowly as normal but I just want to do the 12 hours without much of a break.

ianpv
    Free Member

See you there Mike, and congrats on the sposorship from Tutton Recruitment 😉

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Yeap, we will be there, Team Singletrackmonkeys.

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Oh, and currently in 2 minds which bike to take, full bouncer or hard tail….

shortcut

will be there aboard a lime green superlight riding solo 12 hours and hoping to continue for most of the 12 hours and cover a decent milage.

i expect i will be going quite slowly as i have developed a cold over the last day.

marty
    Free Member

yup. velo club moulin will be there in force.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I’ll be riding at a leisurely pace on a hardtail I borrowed from my sister. I reckon cider will be involved later in the day for extra lols.

grahamh
    Free Member

Riding for “Leckhampton Show Girls”, one of 8 teams from Cheltenham & Country.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As an aside, has anyone received their rider number yet?

slowjo
    Free Member

I’ll be there but undecided on which bike. It’ll be a last minute decision when I load up the car.

Is the Bristol mud slimy, slippy, horrible goo or is it heavy, claggy stuff that blocks up your wheels, drive train etc?

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

ill be there with the 4 man team on sunday !! numplumz kit and carbon giant xtc

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Is the Bristol mud slimy, slippy, horrible goo or is it heavy, claggy stuff that blocks up your wheels, drive train etc?

All of the above.

MrAgreeable

Kingtut, you pick your number up on the day you numpty. You’ve only done it, ooh, four times now? 😉

Slowjo, to borrow a couple of piquant decriptions from Viz’s Profanisaurus, Bristol mud can be any consistency from copper bolts to rusty water.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Is the Bristol mud slimy, slippy, horrible goo or is it and heavy, claggy stuff that blocks up your wheels, drive train etc?

Fixed. and Yes.

pjt201
    Free Member

i’ll be there on the sunday. Got a wedding on the saturday…

FuzzyWuzzy

It’s mostly a gloopy sort of mud (hiding lethal roots).

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’ll be tootling round on my black Cotic Soul, weather permitting in a Burnley football shirt for a couple of laps.

Metcheck now has sleet from 19.00!

Matt

Mattie_H
    Free Member

I’ll be there–on a slow-moving anodized blue Santa Cruz Superlight. Not that anyone will be able to see the colour through the mud…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I shall be there as part of team Singletrackmonkey.

Look for the bloke with his lungs hanging off the bars on 456 singlespeed with a set of big Blue forks.

Alternatively, I may wimp out and bring the 5spot, or both of the above.
    8)

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Another Vegas bod here. I really don’t want to have to bother with the ‘rakers 🙁

*crosses fingers*

slowjo, while every description of mud is availible on the BBF course, its not the mud which is the problem – its the polished smooth n slippery roots and stones.

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

I’ve just checked metcheck and if you click on the full 7 day forecast it says heavy sleet for saturday night!!

That was with the postcode BS1 6JG which is my office in central Bristol

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Me and Mrs PP are doing mixed pairs.
    If it rains lots I shall sulk though.
    😉

MrA – Am I still OK to borrow those tyres off you?
    :mrgreen:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Re; Weather:

As far as I can see from all the available data I’ve studied, it’s a timing thing. There will be rain about, and some of it could be heavy. But it’s if it hits us or not, and when……And it’s possible it might not materialize (very much) at all………

So tell me, are you feeling lucky, punk?
    😉

andyfla
    Free Member

Yup, solo for the first time,
    Forecast from metoffice is heavy rain !

MrAgreeable

PP, they’ve been retrieved from the shed and are in the pile of stuff to take. I’ve emailed you.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Something that has occurred to me is that in previous years we have been blessed with dry trails so there has been no impact on Ashton Court, now having seen the trail carnage at the Clic24 in 2007 when we had the rain all day, what might happen if the same happens to the Ashton Court trails? I can imagine the Ashton Court management up in arms if the trails are trashed, not to mention the fields that are used as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bikefest Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.