Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 166 total)
  • Bristol Bikefest Roll Call
  • BruceK
    Free Member

count me in. I blame the our new team name (the Muddy Funsters) for hexing us.. sorry!
    The limetoney section by beggar bush lane after the start could be lively with a covering of lovely mud from the fields! Time to fit those Mud X’s me thinks…

Eccles
    Free Member

Long range weather forecasts, obviously.

Isn’t it self explanatory?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Eccles – Member

Long range weather forecasts, obviously.

Isn’t it self explanatory?

Of course it is,I just wanted to make sure you knew.

Eccles
    Free Member

Ta. I think it’s the various radar based predictions of developing fronts, the bottom line being the precipitation forecast and the upper showing pressure/temp/front changes. The convergence of the lines tomorrow suggests a front coming in and the black spike thereunder is the most loony prediction, the red line being an average.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Right you Doom mongering Mother Funkers

My retrotasic S/works is now fitted with mud tyres So that means it WILL BE SUNNY

My simple has a set of RR & NN fitted as per norm

Bring it on

nicks
    Free Member

mite change the racing ralphs !! will be great fun what ever the weather !!!

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve heard that the ramp will be at 90deg to usual ie you go under it after the zigzags.

Forecast on bbc suggests there,s a band of dry weather over Bristol on saturday but it’s right between two big lumps of rain so if it’s out by a bit…

Bonty mud x tyres for me i reckon…

saladdodger
    Free Member

RR brilliant as a back tyre 😆

MrAgreeable

Eccles, that’s all very well, but have you seen this?

I am concerned at the implications of the forecast for my mid-race snack strategy. I had hoped to go with cheese straws but may need to switch to something more robust and less prone to wilting.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’ve heard that the ramp will be at 90deg to usual ie you go under it after the zigzags.

That’s correct.

Bonty mud x tyres for me i reckon…

Conker that.

phildowling
    Free Member

Just how muddy could it get….??? I’m running chunky front Bonty ACX and a Bonty Dry X rear…i like my sideways action in the bends. I’m tubeless and really can’t be arsed to change! 🙄

69ers are designed to be pointed at a corner and let the arse end follow anyway. Should make it more fun. 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Just how muddy could it get….??? I’m running chunky front Bonty ACX and a Bonty Dry X rear…i like my sideways action in the bends. I’m tubeless and really can’t be arsed to change!

Put it this way if the deluge that Metcheck is forecasting actually happens, if you’re not using mud tyres your laps will be slow and/or interesting.

phildowling
    Free Member

ohhhh dear then…maybe ill chuck some in the car just incase.. 🙁

milkherd
    Free Member

90 degrees to normal – will that run-up be long anough…?!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

90 degrees to normal – will that run-up be long anough…?!

Maybe not on your first lap, after that you will get used to it.

FuzzyWuzzy

The down slope of the bridge is going to cause a lot of accidents if it’s wet, so praying it stays dry. Interesting placement, bit tricky to get up onto it as well (especially if there’s 50 other people trying to do the same thing).

At least Metcheck’s looking more positive (for now)…

Clink

On another tyre q, fitted a RR 2.4 to the front of my 29er last week. I presume it will be cack in the mud, but have not ridden it yet. Its that or a Bonty ACX. Anyone used the RR up front in the wet?

MrAgreeable

At least Metcheck’s looking more positive (for now)…

I don’t think Metcheck could forecast a morning boner, let alone something as complex and unpredictable as a weather system.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep forecasts have improved although Radio Bristol were warning of potential downpours tomorrow, but then Radio Bristol are shit.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well, the forecast for right now in Bristol according to metcheck is showers, all I can see in Avonmouth is wall to wall sunshine.

Oh I do enjoy fussing so..

stow-away
    Free Member

I’ll be there riding on a mud coloured bike – to blend in – and probably quite slowly as I’ll be in the niche category of a team of 3! (ALong with Nouvette, and our stealth ringer Robyn) – unless some one helps us find a super fast Mountain biking wench to join us!

jsinglet

OK, so do I take my crossmarks off now and put the MUD X tyres on, or what? I’m solo so I can’t really do it during the day – and they’re tubeless and I can’t get the crossmarks back on without a compressor so it’s a one way change!

Decisions decisions….

andyfla
    Free Member

jsinglet

OK, so do I take my crossmarks off now and put the MUD X tyres on, or what?

As a fellow solo competitor i think it will be bone dry so keep the crossmarks …… 🙂

slowjo
    Free Member

I think someone said Paul had a compact with the devil. Let’s hope his soul was interesting enough for old Nick and keep the dry weather tyres on. Having said that, put the mud tyres on and it will be fine for the rest of us! 😆

MrAgreeable

I’ll be in the niche category of a team of 3!

If it’s any comfort, I did it as a team of three the other year (with Kingtut and Matt the Muppet) and it was grea… no, wait, actually it was utterly hideous. 😉

charlierevell
    Free Member

Well…. I’ve got a smoke and dart to try out… woooo

nicks
    Free Member

just packed the car … put in some trail rakers just in case !!!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

unless some one helps us find a super fast Mountain biking wench to join us!

I’m trying, but its awfully last minute and she might be working.

clubber
    Free Member

jsinglet. If I had to choose a set of tyres right now for the weekend and stick with them regardless I’d be fitting mud xs – obviously great in the mud but I find that suprisingly they’re actually very good all round – was flying on the course last week on them despite it being completely dry.

jewson
    Free Member

as for the weather !!! it can be any worst than CLIC!!!!!

GaryLake
    Free Member

*sigh* you had to say that didn’t you!

stow-away
    Free Member

I’m trying, but its awfully last minute and she might be working.

Thanks ADH I think we have a girl! Lauren. Hooray
    Tess

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Awesomes. Glad you’re back to full strength 🙂

My ringer is off doing the LAMM anyway 😯

AlwaysHorizontal
    Free Member

I shall be there riding in the 12hr pairs, wearing a RetroBike top and riding maybe a green Surly Karate Monkey SS if the beeb weather is to be believed, or possibly a cream Kona Caldera with Mud-X’s and not my full sus c/w semi slicks!
    Feel free to jeer/poke/etc as you sail by me!!
    As an aside – is there plenty of parking for those who arrive tomorrow morning as last year was a complete p*sstake parking wise??

KINGTUT
    Free Member

as for the weather !!! it can be any worst than CLIC!!!!!

Yes, yes it can.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As an aside – is there plenty of parking for those who arrive tomorrow morning as last year was a complete p*sstake parking wise??

It will probably be the same.

MrAgreeable

Should be better this year as I believe the camping has moved across the road.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

It was all taped out last night, so its more organised at least.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Should be better this year as I believe the camping has moved across the road.

I though there was two campsites, the original and one at the Cotham Rugby club.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bikefest Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.