Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)
  • Bristol Bikefest Roll Call
  • MrAgreeable

Bear in mind, if conditions do suddenly go sub-Arctic, that you’re about 10 minutes from a busy city centre, with lots of nice warm pubs.

cheers_drive

Ahhh well, I was worried about the Clic forecast and despite some rough spells of weather it was still enjoyable so hopefully the bikefest will be the same…
    Besides its mainly Bristol riders posting about the weather – we should be used to riding on muddy Bristol trails 😉

cheers_drive

I forgot, I never ride the local trails when it’s muddy anymore – that’s what the road bike and Welsh Trail centres are for. We’re all going to die in a mudfest 😈

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

Speak for yourself – The LVIS riders have been training on the mud specifically 🙂

phildowling
    Free Member

Riding as part of 4 man team. Dragon XC racing on a 69er SS. Or i’ll be mostly hiding from the raining and sending the more pro members of the out
    🙂

cheers_drive

So it’s you LVIS guys who are responsible for ruining the trails 😥

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I forgot, I never ride the local trails when it’s muddy anymore – that’s what the road bike and Welsh Trail centres are for. We’re all going to die in a mudfest

It’s not just the mud though, persistent rain / bad weather keeps the spectators away and takes some of the vibe away from the event, well it certainly did at this years Clic IMO.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Speak for yourself – The LVIS riders have been training on the mud specifically

Oh yes, our mud training went particularly well last week, three quarters of a lap in an hour. I think we can be confident of more silverware for the trophy cabinet. In fact I doubt there is any point anyone else turning up with lap times like that in the bag 😉

cheers_drive

Was it muddy in Bristol last week? I was only here on the Monday and it was pretty dry then and dry when I got back this Monday.

clubber
    Free Member

Ah but that was because you were there. The earlier sessions were considerably more intensive 😉

youngj1
    Free Member

It had better not get as cold as it suggests on metGUESS…. otherwise my tomato plants will be in trouble!!

hoping accuweather is closer to what the actual weather will be…

MrAgreeable

What does extreme weather expert Joe Bastardi say? 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

I will be there to

Either on a Black Simple

Or a 1994 retrotastic Specialized S/Works rigid steel weapon of mass destruction (it will hurt like hell through the routie bits)

gazbournemouth
    Free Member

ill be there riding with phil a couple up above!!
    dragon xc team of 4 (a laugh!!)
    riding a borrowed medium scott spark, should be interesting as im 6ft2!!!!
    but fully maxed out in all departments!!

would be riding my epic but for the theving pikey gysey bastardos who nicked it last week!!!

bring on the rain i say!!!!!!

gaz

GeForceJunky

I’ve brought some lovely Crossmarks/Larsens for the dusty dry trails …

It best not rain!

richc
    Free Member

I normally ride on semi-slicks around there even in the winter, however I have to say a few weeks ago when I rode around there just after the dusty trails got a bit of a soaking it was particularly lethal, the dust turned to a greasy sludge on top of the rock hard ground.

Some bits you couldn’t even walk on without hitting the deck let alone ride on.

0091paddy
    Free Member

I shall be there. Riding for the Yeti-Chris King team. Just got myself a new waterproof jacket…although I’m sure I won’t be needing it 😉

cheers_drive

What does extreme weather expert Joe Bastardi say?

My thoughts exactly, as much as it’s the best forecast I wouldn’t believe anything from a site with experts from Anchor Man.

matty-B
    Free Member

I’m there riding solo on sat on a blue SC Superlight.
    I guess the small block 8s which were so good last year probably aren’t coming out to play this weekend.

Clink

Part of Team Singletrackmonkeys on Ti 29er ss

phildowling
    Free Member

gazbournemouth – Member
    ill be there riding with phil a couple up above!!
    dragon xc team of 4 (a laugh!!)
    riding a borrowed medium scott spark, should be interesting as im 6ft2!!!!
    but fully maxed out in all departments!!

would be riding my epic but for the theving pikey gysey bastardos who nicked it last week!!!

bring on the rain i say!!!!!!

gaz

I think the plan should be to get Corby to do more laps and we’ll drink beer and heckle! Your bikes to small and i’ve only got 1 gear (which is weird according to Corby anyway)….
    I’ll be arriving on Saturday morning around 8.

Eccles
    Free Member

Oh yes, our mud training went particularly well last week, three quarters of a lap in an hour. I think we can be confident of more silverware for the trophy cabinet. In fact I doubt there is any point anyone else turning up with lap times like that in the bag

Yep, that’s my sort of lap time and I won’t be turning up. Well, not to ‘race’ (or rolling roadblock, if you prefer) I will be along to provide cheery encouragement though, and to lie to riders about the rideability of corners on early laps if it’s raining.

I still maintain that supertacky minions both ends are the best all season option round here.

ianpv
    Free Member

metcheck is getting comical now: biblical rain all day (2″ over the day!)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I really hope Mecheck have got it horribly wrong like they usually do
    😕

GaryLake
    Free Member

Two words…

HOLY

SHIT

MrAgreeable

Metcheck is currently saying that it 10 degrees here, when in fact it is a balmy summer evening and probably double that. It is supposedly going to go down to a “real feel” of minus 2 on Saturday. I leave you to draw your own conclusions. :-d

phildowling
    Free Member

😯

KINGTUT
    Free Member
    Alex

Reckon you might get some snow 🙂

After the CLIC, I’m really, really, REALLY happy I decided not to do the Bikefest this year.

No, I’m sure it’ll be lovely. Best of luck to everyone!

MrAgreeable

I reckon Metcheck have an incontinent penguin sat on top of their monitoring equipment.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable – Member

I reckon Metcheck have an incontinent penguin sat on top of their monitoring equipment.

Sadly other weather websites are conkering..

Build an ark.

MrAgreeable

Kingtut, as Bike Fest’s resident prophet of meteorological doom, you must be loving this. 😉

phildowling
    Free Member

Shall we call it off and have a big 80’s style rave instead??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Netweather.tv???
    Who the he’ll are they?
    Metguesses little brother?

Try the Met Office, or the BBC……

knottie8
    Free Member
    KINGTUT
    Free Member

Having ridden the lovely fast dusty trails tonight, I can say hand on heart I’m not, adds to the challenge though. 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

Netweather.tv???
    Who the he’ll are they?
    Metguesses little brother?

Try the Met Office, or the BBC……

No they were too obvious, however they forecast heavy rain as well.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

On the plus side, they have moved the ramp so it’s not just after the zig zag climb. Unless they have completely changed the course…

Eccles
    Free Member

GFS?

I reckon they’re looking at the 06 plot. The median precip peak has been drifting towards sunday all day. You’ll be fine, apart from al the riding round and round in bloody circles.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

GFS?

I reckon they’re looking at the 06 plot. The median precip peak has been drifting towards sunday all day. You’ll be fine, apart from al the riding round and round in bloody circles.

Yes of course, WTF is that all about then?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bikefest Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.