Home Forums Bike Forum Bradley Wiggins tour, anyone else been?

• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by AD.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bradley Wiggins tour, anyone else been?
  • bikerevivesheffield

Went to see him in chesterfield last night, expecting a lot.

Surreal night.

Compare who looked like Fred Elliot from Corrie to start.

Awkward raffle that didn’t make the reserve.

The Bradley part was hard going, lots about his mental health, sounds like he’s been through the ringer over the years.

Sad to see that his love of cycling and drive to win was shaped by the need to run away and prove others wrong 😭

In reality who on here can relate to using cycling to “run away” at times in life? I certainly can

Anyone else been? What did you think?

dave_h

I thought about going but decided not to for the reasons you said.  He’s someone who has clearly had a very difficult and complex upbringing which seems to have been a key driver in both his success and rapid ‘downfall’ in cycling … which didn’t seem to give him any really lasting happiness beyond financial security.

Wasn’t really what I fancied hearing on a Sunday evening!

bikerevivesheffield

He came across really well, very honest and open which can only be applauded

MoreCashThanDash

My lad pointed me to this video a while back when he was at the Cambridge Union – again, very open on his troubles. On the back of that, I decided to give the tour a miss.

alpin
    Free Member

In reality who on here can relate to using cycling to “run away” at times in life?

Mate and I got into riding at about age 12/13 so that we could didn’t have to hang around the town we grew up in. It gave us the opportunity to get away from the dregs.

wheelsonfire1

I say, that John Savident, I say that John Savident, he’s dead, dead I say!

AD

I saw him in Workington last year – really enjoyed it (although the guy hosting was a bit ‘odd’).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.