Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Bradley Wiggins down, Time to burn parliament?
  • kcr
    Free Member

As cyclists we all pretty much flout the law and we can’t expect to have it both ways

OK, in what way do I flout the law as a cyclist?

That e-petition(and I apologise to the OP for incorrectly attributing it to him) is poorly thought out and badly written. Instead of trying to come up with your own campaign, why not get behind one of the existing ones?

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/campaigning/article/Campaigning—Get-Involved-0

http://www.ctc.org.uk/campaigning

BC and CTC have been working on this stuff for years, and they have people thinking a lot harder about it than you or I. I think I am more likely to achieve change by following their lead and contacting my MP/MSP, than I am by trying to devise my own campaign.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I suppose this is the challenge – how do you get people aware of the good work already being done so everyone focuses their efforts in the same direction on the same campaigns.

I wasn’t aware of the above.

brooess
    Free Member

Hard to know if there’s a connection but I seemed to be getting more space today around London.
    Be interesting to see what Wiggins says when he’s recovered. I doubt he’ll be staying quiet on this! I think what he says will carry weight and can be leveraged to get the momentum on properly improving the environment for cycling.
    It would be good if those fools on that twitter feed Carlton Reid published in The Guardian could get visited by their local plod and be given a quiet word

pingu66
    Free Member

@KCR

OK, in what way do I flout the law as a cyclist?

Oh dear! You always get someone who quite wrongly assumes its a personal challenge or attack on them. Not sure I said that while cycling we break the law I said as cyclists, you ride a bike therefore you are a cyclist whether on the bike or not. However if you can honestly answer no to having never broken any law i.e.

Ever dropped litter?

Ever exceeded the speed limit?

Ever cycled on a pavement?

Do you have reflective pedals?

Ever passed the stop line at a red light.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Bradley Wiggins down, Time to burn parliament?’ is closed to new replies.