Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)
  • Flouncers……..
  • njee20
    Free Member

Never really noticed TSY – didn’t he just post guff about himself?
    Seemed harmless enough, if a bit egotistical.

I never even noticed that, found him amusing.

Whom is it on Bike Radar that has about 30 thousand posts yet has doesn’t seem to have ridden anywhere other than Deggy? He was quite scathing of the Olympic MTB course iirc.

YeeHaMcGee? He’s in that neck of the woods. He’s a good bloke, although it was all a bit ‘torch and pitchforks’ when I was new there! Their CrudCatcher can be like the worst of the Chat Forum, with little moderation. Unlike the other 9583853 sub fora.

funniest thing I’ve heard all year!…..I assume he had great competition

No, a number of people did say he was an excellent rider. Jedi said (and I quote), “he’s the best rider on the forum”, although I’m not quite sure a) how you quantify that or b) how he knows. Clearly a bloody good rider though. Just a real shame he felt it necessary to tell the world and belittle everyone constantly. Is he really a child minder? That’s mental. Why do people feel the need to be such arrogant tossers online?

I still post far more on the bike forum, although increasingly I find myself reading (and often posting on) threads in chat.

househusband

Absolutely, druidh. And I’m getting too cloudy (spiced rum) to understand/make much sense!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Double post.

househusband

No, a number of people did say he was an excellent rider. Jedi said (and I quote), “he’s the best rider on the forum”, although I’m not quite sure a) how you quantify that or b) how he knows.

They’ve met; GW Went down to Jedi’s stomping ground a few years ago, not that he’s into Jedi’s woodwork riding much!

nealglover
    Free Member

Where is the place in the UK you starve to death on only a paltry 40 k?

Sandbanks 😉

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah that was it, yeehamcgee! I must say I never really liked the bike radar MTB section. The road section was always much better in my experience.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Going by Facebook crossfire GW and Jedi know each other pretty well and have ridden with each other a fair bit.

All you need to know is that GW is a much faster rider than I am. 😉

njee20
    Free Member

They’ve met; GW Went down to Jedi’s stomping ground a few years ago, not that he’s into Jedi’s woodwork riding much!

Yes I know, but how to quantify ‘best’, and unless he’s also ridden with every member of the forum he’s not really in a place to comment! I’m being pedantic.

househusband

Fair comment – guess I was partially answering part (b) of your question!

piemonster

Why do people feel the need to be such arrogant tossers online?

Because I can do it without getting punched

pussywillow
    Free Member

No, a number of people did say he was an excellent rider. Jedi said (and I quote), “he’s the best rider on the forum”, although I’m not quite sure a) how you quantify that or b) how he knows. Clearly a bloody good rider though

😆 so Jedi takes a group of middle class retards out on a skillz day, takes a shine to GW and tells him he’s the fastest on the forum!!! 😆

Stw-hardly your average pink bike forum user anyway is it!!! 😆

yunki
    Free Member

pussywillow – Member

so Jedi takes a group of middle class retards out on a skillz day, takes a shine to GW and tells him he’s the fastest on the forum!!!

Stw-hardly your average pink bike forum user anyway is it!!!

welcome back GW 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Can I just say TJ didn’t flounce, he was thrown out for reasons which become clear if you watch this clip

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kMeApF4pI[/video]

That’s all I have to say on this navel-gazingtastic thread.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Jedi said (and I quote), “he’s the best rider on the forum”

nope, Duane is the boy to beat.

footflaps

I’m still surprised at the number of “regulars” whose name only ever appears in the Chat forum ….

I rarely post in the bike forum as it just doesn’t interest me, I can fix my own bikes, know pretty much all I want to know about MTBs and mainly ride HT single speeds, so all this suspension / gear nonsense is of no interest to me. There’s only so much novel stuff to do with bike mechanics after all, whereas random drivel is endless….

BillMC

Dan and Beer.

legend
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member

Only for rad hux, doesn’t like the going too technical 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

He’d just jump the tech ical bits

legend
    Free Member

Only if that’s a GW approved action

duckman

I miss the paradox that is/was TJ, especially on the rugby thread. Mind you, he did manage to have a 2 page spat with either Zokes or toys19 on that.As stated already certain forum members used to stalk him just to start an argument,which has coloured my opinion of them. I suspect that at this time of year there is a habit of being introspective. I have been here since 2005 and am SURE it used to be better…but it probably wasn’t.

njee20
    Free Member

What about the elite XC/road/cross racers? I’d not back Duane or GW on a ride of more than 5 minutes!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What about the elite XC/road/cross racers? I’d not back Duane or GW on a ride of more than 5 minutes!

Road and cross racers? What about runners, unicyclists and tennis players?

njee20
    Free Member

What’s your point caller?

househusband

I should see GW in the pub in an hour or so; I’ll ask him who is bestest – him or Duane. Or road and cross racers, runners, unicyclists, tennis players, darts players, snooker players, etc…

Will report back later.

:mrgreen:

(If its the Duane I’m thinking of then I think they know each other.)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Same as yours!

franksinatra

Kaesae flounced at least once this year, came back a few days later to carry on amusing us with his research

tazzymtb

I’ll ask him who is bestest

how do you define bestest in mountain biking?

most gnar
    able to ride ewok like wooden stuff
    fastest downhiller
    most wins in races
    best xc/endurance/racer
    or the one who has the most fun?

there hasn’t been a bestest in all fields of mtb since john tomac and he always has flair and style and was a damn nice chap as well. 😀

RustySpanner

how do you define bestest in mountain biking?

The one having the most fun? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

FFS tazzy no mention of lack of gears in that post – are you ill or something 😉

tazzymtb

??????

njee20
    Free Member

there hasn’t been a bestest in all fields of mtb since john tomac and he always has flair and style and was a damn nice chap as well.

That being my exact point.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

That being my exact point.

Really? ‘Cos it looked like your point was about road and ‘cross riders too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hasn’t taken you long Charlie.

tazzymtb

Really? ‘Cos it looked like your point was about road and ‘cross riders too.

nice to see the season of good will to all has run out all ready 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont you always go on abut SS being awesome tazzy?
    it was a joke rather than a dig

tazzymtb

dont you always go on abut SS being awesome tazzy?

nah, only when the subject is about singlespeeds. Besides it’s not about singlespeeds, it’s about how awesome I am on a singlespeed. 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But Mum!! He started it!!

inbred853

Flouncee’s, no? 😕

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Isn’t it a truism of most forums that people start with the relevant core topics, rapidly exhaust suitable subjects and then move into the banter on the chat zones? As editors of any sports mag will know there is only a finite number of topics that can be regurgitated over time. I’m amazed any mags last beyond a couple of years.

Flouncers, if that means the full toys-out-of-the-pram rants, provide excellent entertainment for the rest if us.

But bans are frankly rather sad, especially given the largely common sense moderation that we find on STW. The mods offer enough warnings when behaviour steps over the mark and most people learn the lessons that offensive behaviour and behaviour that is detrimental to the forum will not be tolerated. If people do not adjust, then that’s their problem and it is sad. Given that, I find the post-ban “beatification”* of some of those banned slightly bizarre!!!!

* excuse the possible irony there, it’s not intentional 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

😀 @ tazzy

THM as one of those responsible for the goading-even this post is full of not very “subtle” digs/ad homs and straw mans [ safe us your usual denial would you ] – you would find it odd 🙄

As I say he had no malice in what he did. This cannot be said about those , like bullies, who prodded for a reaction [ for balance you were far from the worst and he did not help himself]

TBH I dont know why TSY was banned- well I know the reason given but I dont know why he was banned

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Flouncers……..’ is closed to new replies.