Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Blooming stoodent thugs
  • Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3YOuhG53vE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Xylene
    Free Member

Ah well he’s in trouble

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

the kid probably mocked his silly hat

Pieface

He clearly walked into his fist

dickydutch

Brilliant. Just what he deserved.

yunki
    Free Member

yeah.. when you say trouble.. you mean he won’t be allowed to drive the car for a week and will have to buy everyone a doughnut..

firestarter
    Free Member

didnt hit him hard enough

Lifer
    Free Member

I’ve been wondering what Prince is doing there? (in the police hat just above the guy’s arm)

Kevevs
    Free Member

I think it’s a nice hat. But baby blue is so last season. He’s just peeved he had to mix it with a yellow hi-vis, that’s what’s got him so riled. just smacked the nearest thing, poor copper. Where’s Gok Wan?

vinnyeh

scumbag student deserved all he got

nice one dickydutch

edit: thought better of it did you?

mactheknife

firestarter – Member

Yea really, while i dont agree with the voilence in these demonstrations i think apathy is sooo much worse, all this does is show exactly the type of **** you get on both sides.

Do u think he would be so brave with out the uniform on.

uplink
    Free Member

TBh – a punch is as good as anything to make someone back off & I really can’t see anything wrong with it per se in that situation

I dare say he could have used a baton but space was a bit tight

dickydutch

DOnt know what happened to that comment. But I stand by it. If he was standing protesting in a civilised matter, confrontation would have been avoided.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

dick[s]ydutch[/s]

Fixed that for you.

dickydutch

whats that based on then deadly? You would have something to say if they were smashing up your property I’m sure. Get a grip.

cynic-al
    Free Member

…the circle of life…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I read that the police had mustard thrown at them in Bristol. I’m assuming powdered mustard, which could cause irritation of the eyes and nose.

Brilliant. Just what he deserved.

No, he should have smacked him hard enough to kill him, eh? 🙄

I’ve been wondering what Prince is doing there? (in the police hat just above the guy’s arm)

I was wondering what Thierry Henry was doing in the Met….

firestarter
    Free Member

they should just ban all the protesters identified from going to uni then they’d be nowt for them to protest about 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-etV57xZ4_I[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Funny how he resorts to “get back” once he notices the camera on him.

Nice sky blue hats though…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh dear. Doesn’t look too ‘justifiable’, that use of force, does it? Copper just lashes out angrily.

Personally, I don’t think taxpayers’ money should be wasted on policing such protests. I think Tory and LibDem party members should be used instead….

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

You lot are idiots aren’t you?

Condemning the students for being violent one second then saying how great it is that the police are able to be violent without any real provocation (and, be honest, can any of you see any provocation in that video? No.).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

whats that based on then deadly

Based on your dick-like comment (which was mysteriously edited) corresponding with serendipitous coincidence with your username.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Do u think he would be so brave with out the uniform on.

Probably.
    I think the Met run a recruitment campaign along the lines of –

Is casual violence one of your hobbies?
    No sense of humour?
    then join the TSG!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

not that violence is justifiable but judging by that video the cops are being backed into something (wall / memorial?) and therefore possibly exerting force to stop them being penned in?

The police are trying to push the protesters into a confined area. That’s what kicked off the scuffles.

Looks to me like the deliberate stirring tactics employed so often in the past; squeeze the demonstrators into a small area, until the retaliate,then you can claim they turned violent which necessitted the use of force. Serves to undermine the protest, make demonstrators look like violent thugs, and gives fuel to the fire of introducing more and more restrictive laws on public protest. The thing that concernes me most here, is the way that the police are being used as political pawns, which should not be the case. This happened under the Tories in the past; Miners’ strike, Wapping protests, Criminal Justice Bill demonstrations, etc.

I’ve been to a number of demos where the police have deliberately antagonised an otherwise peaceful crowd, in order to stir things up. I’ve seen senior police officers order snatch squads to be sent in, to really get things going. I’ve seen huge thugs in police uniform batter unarmed people just exercising their democratic rights, and not being aggressive or violent in any way. TBH, the majority of law breaking has been done by Her Maj’s Finest.

Before you judge, I suggest you go along to some demos, have a look for yourself, see what the police really get up to. It’ll open your eyes…

D0NK

What a git! manages to get a couple of people in the face by my reckoning.

I did see a bit on the channel 4 news lastnight where someone at the back with a scarf over his face was throwing stuff at the police, a fairly posh sounding student at the front immediatley turned around and said “stop that! you’re ruining it for everyone!” I liked that they showed it rather than just the usual “protesters smash up london (again)”

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGFlM1gjfDc&feature=watch_response[/video]

And another one.

Donk, you’re spot on. This has happened at every protest, at Millbank they were chanting ‘Stop throwing ****’ and booed the fire extinguisher being thrown. But as I read somewhere else gory means story, peaceful protest is boring news.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I liked that they showed it rather than just the usual “protesters smash up london (again)”

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest, if ‘agents provocateurs’ aren’t being employed by the police/government/right-wing press, to stir up trouble and discredit the demonstrators. In fact, I was once on a CJB demo, everything was happy and peaceful, people just singing and stuff, all of a sudden, a masked-up group turns up, starts lobbing stuff at police, who then steamed in. Within minutes, there was chaos. The masked thugs just disappeared…

D0NK

Yeah elfin but you can get all conspiracy theory if you think along those lines, I think there’s enough nutters who like a good ruck and hate the police (remember all the raoul moat facebook stuff) that the government/police/lizardmen don’t have to start employing some.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh for sure, Donk. I’ve also seen some complete idiots who are just up for a fight, with anyone. I doubt these student protests are any different.

Thing is though, what people should realises, is that the vast majority of protesters are peaceful and law-abiding. Not the ‘masses of violent thugs’ some would have you believe.

There will always be idiots on both sides. I’m sure many coppers are cursing some of their colleagues’ actions, as it then puts them in the ‘firing’ line too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Having been in a few riots myself the people at the front on both sides are nutters who want a fight . the reasonable people on both sides are stood back shame faced at the behaviour of both the plods and the protestors.
    Ihave been batoned charged from by coppers who were hitting through a 8 foot high fence wec ould not leave as the other side was full of mounted coppers and coppers in riot gear shouting move back.

Scum on both sides IMHO

ahwiles
    Free Member

that’s not a punch, it really isn’t.

Woody
    Free Member

I really don’t have a problem with that ‘reasonable use of force’. Copper had his back against the wall and heavily outnumbered – quite restrained I thought.

theotherjonv

sorry, I got lost at the point where you said ‘student’ and ‘agent provocateur’ in the same post…….

If I google that will it be SFW?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Police have a duty to maintain order, and a right to use force to do so!

If people protested, rather than acting like petulant children having a tantrum in the street, then they wouldn’t get hit would they? Quite easy really, when the police ask you to move, move, its not that hard is it?

The reason police have to control crowds of student protesters is quite simple, its because, as was proved a couple of weeks ago, they cannot be trusted to protest peacefully!

So, they tried it your way, nicey nicey, touchy feely, and it didn’t work, which means its back to the TSG and horses until you can learn to behave yourselves!

Has anyone considered the fact that the only way for police to move a reluctant crowd in the UK is to move them on, and when people resist them to use force to do so – in other countries they’d use CS gas and Water cannon, however that tends to upset the lefties if we do it here…

that the vast majority of protesters are peaceful and law-abiding.

well, if you want to stay away from the trouble, move away from the police lines, where the idiots who want a ruck are found…

cp

and, be honest, can any of you see any provocation in that video? No.

none of those videos show any significant build up really to know whether there was any provocation at all…

grievoustim
    Free Member

The problem is that they don’t “move them on”. The policy seems to be to herd them up and pen them in for hours on end – stop them dispersing and going home

dickydutch

deadlydarcy you really are a prat.
    As I said (pretty clearly I think), I didn’t edit it on purpose, hence why I said I stood by the comment. You obviously are so blinkered you failed to notice it. Regardless, the students lost all credibility the moment they started smashing up property a couple of weeks back in London.

Lifer
    Free Member

Proportional force? Ha!

He goes in swinging then stops when he sees that camera, he knows he’s doing wrong.

What about the third video where the guy just gets wiped out from no-where?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

For those that missed it the other night – Channel 4 did a pretty good documentary on public order policing:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/coppers/4od#3142078

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Blooming stoodent thugs’ is closed to new replies.