Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Blooming stoodent thugs
  • trailertrash

Zulu mocked:

Just walking innocently down the street were you?

Actually yes, on a demo, but defo innocent.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Trailmonkey- those that want it will get it. That’s not so much an equality thing, a smart kid is still a smart kid whichever school they go to.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh! I’ve got an idea!!

How about, right; all those who think students should pay big fat fees, speshly those who went to uni before fees were introduced, as well as all Tory politicians past and present who are still alive, and all Tory Party and LimpDem supporters, members and politicians, pay the maximum that fees would cost were they to go to uni after such fee rises? You know, to show how they personally support the policies of their parties and politicians? You know, all those who benefitted from free university education themselves yet think it’s ok to introduce fees for others?

Would raise a few quid, eh?

I assume he likes of Stoner, Flashy, Z-11 and the other Tory Boys on here will be all voluntarily paying the £9000+ per year for their time at uni, as a protest against the current student protests. Y’know; kind of putting their money where their mouths are….

Anyone?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That is brilliant.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Not as good as someone kicking in the wheels of a Brompton.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Admittedly many are in there to kill a few years. Obviously this is the sort of thing that needs to stop– it’s simple enough to just increase the grades needed to get in and sort this chaff from the wheat. Having to work harder to get into uni will stop this, NOT higher fees.

not even the current government would suggest reducing the availability of university education from it’s current high. You may argue that the fee’s issue will do that for them but it is more likely going to thin out the current over demand (due in part to gap year students rushing to avoid fees). Popular courses will always remain popular.

Surely it’s harder to obtain good grades at state schools than fee paying schools ?

I think the issue is complex, I would use the phrase “less likely” as this is statistically correct

I also think the goverment is missing a trick. What they should do is offer to discharge the proposed student debt in return for entering certain parts of the public sector

ie:
    getting 1st class honours science graduates into teaching for 10 years

frontline social workers

armed service membership for 5-10 years
    etc etc

industry could also use it as “golden handcuffs” to help retain young talent

druidh
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Ooh! I’ve got an idea!!

How about, right; all those who think students should pay big fat fees, speshly those who went to uni before fees were introduced, as well as all Tory politicians past and present who are still alive, and all Tory Party and LimpDem supporters, members and politicians, pay the maximum that fees would cost were they to go to uni after such fee rises? You know, to show how they personally support the policies of their parties and politicians? You know, all those who benefitted from free university education themselves yet think it’s ok to introduce fees for others?

Great idea. Since I didn’t go to University at all, can I get some of that money back for the years I spent working and paying tax and not grumbling about how poor I was and still not being able to afford holidays abroad??

grumm
    Free Member

My word there are some morons on here. Deary me. 😕

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So I just googled ‘student agent provocateur’ and all I got was links to internet forums talking about student protests.

*wonders off to searh for ‘college girls gone wild’*

Kevevs
    Free Member

I still stand by my opinion that it was the Baby blue hat emasculating the copper, making him compensate with more aggression. If he had his big bad riot gear hat on he’d have been a pussy.

It’s all about the hat.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

*wonders off to searh for ‘college girls gone wild’*

Isn’t this pretty much what this whole thread was about?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Great idea. Since I didn’t go to University at all, can I get some of that money back for the years I spent working and paying tax and not grumbling about how poor I was and still not being able to afford holidays abroad??

I’m afraid not, Onion; sorry. T’only applies to people what have bin to uniservity.

Mind you, had you bin to uni, maybe you would’ve had the opportunity to exploit foreign students in order to get very cheap holidays abroad… 😉

Funny how none of the anti-democracy lot (Z-11, Flashy, Stoner etc) have come on to express their support for my Brilliant Idea™. I really would’ve thought they’d be well up for it.

My word there are some morons on here. Deary me.

Sorry Grumm. 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Blooming stoodent thugs’ is closed to new replies.