• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by GDRS.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bloody windy on Lanzarote
  • trout
    Free Member

Roady ride from hell on a crappy hired mtb here on Lanzorote
    struggled from sea level to the highest point of the island 13 miles uphill into the wind took over two hours
    and destroyed me but the return was good downhill with a tailwind I think it must be my longest freewheel ever with a bit of pedaling in the middle .

jota180
    Free Member

Go see the boys at revolution, hire a road bike and a lift up wind to the top of the island for a great ride back 😀

http://bikerentallanzarote.wordpress.com/category/bike-rental-puerto-del-carmen/

trout
    Free Member

Went to the top a couple of days ago the wife thought I had got lost that was another hellish day
    thought itmwas smart to set off into the wind but managed to get a headwind home too so a big circle ride all into the wind .

legend
    Free Member

Isn’t Lanzarote a windsurf hot spot? You may have picked the wrong island 😉

Diane
    Free Member

Well there’s a surprise……

joat

Meanwhile, here on a cold, windy, crappy-snow threatened island, sympathy may be hard to come by…..

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Thats why its nicknamed the windy island.Mind one of worse things is the sand blowing hard across the road does half sting your legs.
    Would take that any day over wet wet wet and more wet UK 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

Well seeing as the islands neighbour Fuerteventura translates as ‘strong wind’ it’s hardly suprising.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Fuerteventura gets bloody hot.Only place i have been where the wind is HOT mad.Those were the days training camps.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I went there a few years ago around Easter. It was hot then too! I took my SS MTB as someone nicked my road bike two weeks before the holiday. I still remember the pain of coming off on those volcanic rocks! 😯

emac65
    Free Member

What,you’ve never heard of “Breezy Tegusie”……………

doubledunter
    Free Member

[*]Teguise in Lanzarote in November there, grabbed a map and followed a route given to me by a local Mtb’er must admit was a bit tame, dry riverbeds etc hot but very windy at the highest point

lanza by Doubledunter, on Flickr

cr500dom
    Free Member

Get any diving in out there ? 😉

trout
    Free Member

Ha ha. didnt expect any sympathy dry dusty trails rule out here .
    back to mud and shite sunday

No Diving This time Dom.

mrelectric

The off-roading on La Palma is better than Lanza or Fuerteventura. I’m going again…

GDRS

Not cycling – but Mrs GDRS and I have been to Lanza twice just for the walking – all those volcanoes and some great bits of nowhere to find in a hire car.

Nice bit of sun. Nice bit of exercise. Nice all round.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bloody windy on Lanzarote’ is closed to new replies.