Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike advice needed for a friend please
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Morning…
    Chap I know has just been given £500 for a new bike…. So what bike for a 6’3 chap? Was looking at the voodoo 29ers at halfords as they seem to get good reviews, what else is out there?
    Cheers

jamiep
    Free Member

If it is for tow-path blasting I suggest rigid forks. Evans’ Pinnacle Ramin One 2014 29er is £400

daftvader
    Free Member

No, he actually wants to start riding off road. I’ve suggested 2nd hand but he wasn’t sure about that….

scaredypants

No, he actually wants to start riding off road. I’ve suggested 2nd hand but he wasn’t sure about that….

tell him again – he’ll get a much better bike that way though there’s a small risk of getting ripped off, of course

(or at least point him at a shop that sells old stock, like pauls or somebody)

daftvader
    Free Member

Already pointed out Paul cycles…. Will see if the classifieds can produce a stunner…

towzer

can I suggest you have a look at Pauls Cycles, Winstanleys/etc etc other discounters etc for a 1 – 2 year old new option, at his height he may get a bargain….

z1ppy

I reckon the Bizango is great for the money, especially if you buy on a 10% off day they regularly run. Though going from thread the fork can be viabl quailty, but Halford’s will replace if pushed. 2nd hand can bring a lot of bike (want my prophet?) but unless inspected well you potentially buying worn out kit, that gunna need replacing before you know it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike advice needed for a friend please’ is closed to new replies.