Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • big feet/ pannier interaction
  • meehaja
    Free Member

As above really,I’ve got big feet (UK12) and when i have panniers on my bikes my feet catch on the bags. I’ve considered moving my cleats back to gain some clearance, but to be fair, my toes catch on the front wheel of my road bike when making sharp turns anyway.

My rack isn’t very flexible about pannier placement, are other racks more flexible (so I could hang the bags further back?), the only other option I can think of would be shorter cranks, but riding fixed, I like all the leverage I can get!

suggestions on a postcard, or post here!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Blackburn seat post mounted racks can be adjusted backwards but you would end up with the weight past your axle and increased leeverage therefore reducing the weight limit(???) but should work in theory (clearly a caveat of dont blame me if I am wrong)
    If you are in Lancashire I can lend you one to see if any use?

like this

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-Blackburn-Blackburn-SP2-+-Seat-Post-Fitting-QR-Rear-Cycle-Rack-with-Side-Extensions–Black-1772.htm

you cant see on the picture but the rack bit sits on apole tye arrangement and is held in place by grun screws so can be moved fwd and backwards

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic.php?id=1725

selling a seatpost one here — dont know seller or that model just for info

FOG

Some racks have two top rails on each side with the lower one positionedfurther back than the upper so that you can mount the pannier further back. I used to have the ‘big foot problem’ with my old blackburn rack on the old steel mtb I use as a tourer. I replaced it with a topeak rack as described above and it is much better.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I have this problem too! I tried pushing the panniers further back, but this puts the weight past the back axle and the front of the bike lifts up whenever i get off it.

The seatpost racks don’t seem to be able to carry very much. The point of the panniers was to call in at the supermarket when cycling home.

Eventually i just took the rack off and bought a large size timbuk2 courier bag and took the rack off.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘big feet/ pannier interaction’ is closed to new replies.