Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bfe, carbon 456 or prince albert…..
  • renton
    Free Member

Looking for a new hardtail frame to run my fox 130mm forks on.

currently looking at the above but Im undecided on which.

Im 17 stone so want something that can handle that weight for all day rides and the occasional trail centre day at cannock/afan.

I was settled on a bfe but cotic have no large frames in stock(do you know anywhere that does)

what size would you recommend in the other 2 frames, Im 6 foot 1 and currently have a large stumpy full suss !!

Any others to look at ??

cheers

steve

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

New bfe is out soon/now.

renton
    Free Member

i know but its 30 quid more !! and Ive emailed cotic to see if they have large in stock but ad no reply !! it is saturday though

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Yes but it’s green. Your argument is invalid. 😆

faz083
    Free Member

£30 more? It’s not much, tbh.

renton
    Free Member

I know but I still dont know if they are in stock !

metalheart
    Free Member

They just got the new batch in within the last fortnight. I’d be very surprised if they’ve sold out large BFes already!

GW
    Free Member

Large is too big unless you just want a heavy xc bike.

chvck
    Free Member

For all day rides and trail centres I wouldn’t get a BFe (and I have one) unless you plan on giving it some abuse. Personally, I think that the carbon 456 looks pretty good (I plan on building one up when I move away from Wales and will be using the BFe for downhill days and away days places more wild!), though I haven’t tried one yet nor the PA.

GW
    Free Member

Are you also 17st?

h4muf
    Free Member

Pipedream Scion.

chvck
    Free Member

Good point, forgot that bit! Maybe not the c456 then.

renton
    Free Member

Has the 456 got a weight limit then ?

The large bfe is near enough the same geometry as my stumpy . Living in the chilterns now so don’t really need a full suss.

renton
    Free Member

Bump anyone else got an opinion on this ?
    Does the 456 have a rider weight limit ?
    What’s the prince Albert like then ?

Northwind

456 doesn’t have a publicised weight limit- and certainly not a delicate bike. But, under my 10 stone it’s a relatively compliant bike compared to my old BFe- that’s why I like it but under a bigger unit it might add up to being bendy rather than compliant.

andyl
    Free Member

no weight limit as far as I know.

17st shouldn’t be a problem.

bellys
    Free Member

My carbon456 has held up well with my 16stone….never seen a weight limit on there site.

ajantom

Prince Albert is a good, solid bike. I’ve used it for XC, jumping, and the occasional bit of DH hooning (5/6ft drops and jumps at Stile Cop). Not that light a frame, but at 17 stone that’s not going to be a priority is it!

daveh
    Free Member

C456 holding up fine under 17stone and peak district terrain here.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bfe, carbon 456 or prince albert…..’ is closed to new replies.