• This topic has 46 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Best value 1×10 set up please
  • divenwob
    Free Member

Double post

divenwob
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

slimjim, Wiggle have 10 speed XT/Ultegra chains cheap at the moment. Buy 2 and rotate them every so often.

Also for the MX3 take a look at cycleclinic as they were the cheapest I saw. They are out of stock of the 11-42t but have the 11-40T in if that is the one you were thinking of going for. If you don’t mind a bit of extra weight then Triton are doing the all steel Ms3 for £38.99. Again cheapest I saw for those when I was looking but ended up going 11 speed ready for the new 11-46 XT cassette as I am too tight to spend on Sram cassettes and XD freehubs as I am converting 2 bikes.

docrobster
    Free Member
    slimjim78
    Free Member

Picked up my MX3 for 59.99 from CTBM. Rather see my money stay in Swanage TBH, but thanks for the link 🙂

Lazy Q, my current lowest gear is 22/34 – how similar/different will my new 30/42 be?
    12t diff on both set ups.. But could really do with an easier winch gear

jeff1155

Jim

I went for the Sunrace 11-40 with Deore I-spec shifter/brakes and rear mech, SRAM GX cranks and 11spd 30T front ring and you lose one bottom, one top compared to 22/36×11-34 on the Dune. At first felt a bit of a struggle in bottom, but I got over it on the second ride and nothing defeats me now. Not that fussed by missing top although it’s easy to spin out on the flat.

However, shaved 600g off the standard Dune stuff, the chain stays on, shifts better, and stops better.

andyl
    Free Member

Lazy Q, my current lowest gear is 22/34 – how similar/different will my new 30/42 be?

It will be very slightly easier than being in in your next to largest sprocket on the back (30).

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Best value 1×10 set up please’ is closed to new replies.