Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Beer recommendations please
  • sprootlet
    Free Member

After trying out the beers from Vocation brewery on the back of a previous thread on STW (very nice thank you, onto our second case), I thought I’d like to try out some other new (to us) brews.

The brewery needs to be small (ish), not in Essex (we’ve tried a lot of our local brews) with a selection of brews for home delivery. My favourite beers are golden and I am enjoying the New england IPA style at the moment, he likes more the traditional English ales (2 of his favourite beers are Broadside and Sharp’s special).

Recommend away STW, you haven’t let me down before but if you do then it’s likely to be a case of curious brew and a selection of thornbridge ales

derek_starship
    Free Member

Have a look at Marble Beers based in Media City Salford. Not the cheapest but hey…

Yak

Hogs Back have a decent selection.
    I am also fond of Triple F, but last time I looked they were out of bottles and I won’t get through cask ale quick enough.

ElShalimo

Salt Brewery

Magic Rock

Northern Monk

Thornbridge are doing mixed crates

Buxton Brewery

tuboflard

Thornbridge Green Mountain, Bliss Point and California Sun are all very drinkable. On my third delivery since lockdown. They do a discount code too depending on what you get.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Left handed giant are Bristol based and have some cracking beers. Around me are roosters and Turning point. Northern monk are in Leeds and Manchester.

Futureboy77

Six Degrees North.

Brewer of some lovely beer in Scotland, but deliver nationwide for around 5/6 pounds.

BillMC

Five Points (pale is v g)
    Oakham Ales are now doing unfiltered Citra in tins

CraigW
    Free Member

William Bros have some interesting stuff. I’m liking the Fraoch heather ale, and the March of the Penguins stout.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Dancing Duck do good stuff and you can get on mail order.

Can’t go far wrong with anything from Thornbridge.

mrb123
    Free Member

Allendale Brewery up here in the North.

Their ruby ale Allendale Wolf is one of my favourites. They do a good range though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hop Back Summer Lightning.

Golden perfection.

hopster
    Free Member
    lucasshmucas

I recently signed up for the Northern Monk subscription box. I’m two boxes in now and loving it. They did a peanut butter & jelly porter in the last box – I’m not that big a fan of porter but that one was amazing.

Also, another thumbs up for six degrees north.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Tempest Brewery in the Borders is great, Armadillo IPA is lovely and much tastier than the low abv would have you believe.

onewheelgood
    maddyutah
    rascal
    Free Member

Charnwood Brewery in Loughborough have some very nice beers.
    Infinity IPA from Blue Monkey in Derbyshire at 4.6% is my go-to in their Loughborough pub.
    Moorhouse near Burnley do one called Blonde Witch amongst others that are very nice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Purity, Tiny Rebel and Northern Monk all get a nod of approval from me. Striding Edge, from the latter, is a current favourite.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I recently signed up for the Northern Monk subscription box.

Oh yes, that is good get. Had a night on their Striding Edge at a weekend in the Lakes recently. Unfortunately not available on their website at the mo.

jodafett

Another fan of Tempest Brewery here and I’d also recommend Pilot Brewery from Leith. Cracking beers and they’ve just started a mail order pick’n’mix to keep them afloat during lockdown so well worth a look.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for their suggestions…. so many beers, so little time

beamishblue

Fallen Brewery in Kippen has some great beers. Platform C is my current favourite IPA.

singletrackmind

Dark star hop head
    Lagunitas pale ale
    Goose island IPA
    Sierra nevada pale ale
    Proper Job
    Wychwood IPA
    Shipyard IPA
    Purple moose brew great beers
    Magic rock as well
    Verdett do a very nice blonde hybrid
    Scheahallion used to be cracking

singletrackmind

Smallish, english but widely available and a neipa, and a trad bitter thats a test to recommend
    Rebellion brewery fit, oakham too. Joules do some interesting stuff,Lanes brewery might suit. Sambroooks can be spot on, there are like 1000 breweries that tick the small, english and varied boxes. Do they do mail order is the question

simon_g

Beer52 and the like can be a great way of trying out lots of new stuff (breweries and styles) to see what you like.

I really like Tiny Rebel Clwb Tropicana, Gipsy Hill Hepcat and Baller, Fourpure Easy Peeler, Siren Broken Dream and Yu Lu, Beavertown Neck Oil and Gamma Ray.

Certainly most of the London breweries I like have started doing delivery, suspect everywhere else is similar.

MartynS

https://www.rudgatebrewery.co.uk/

ive got the Valkyrie APA in at the mo. It’s absolutely lovely

so nice I’ve just re-ordered another box and a box of Jorvik to try

mattbee

Get a mixed box from Fallen Acorn brewery in Gosport.
    Currently enjoying a bottle of Black Hearted, a black apa. Also have a selection of IPA and other pales from them.

cheese@4p

These brewers are worth a try
    Track
    Solopian – especially Kashmere
    Kelham Island

sprootlet
    Free Member

Singletrackmind has it, lots of lovely looking beers but not all available for the delivery option or out of stack. Yes, Fallen Acorn I am looking at you, you promised so much.
    At the moment it’s looking like the T’s have it with Thornbridge (had before but not for a long time) and Tempest ……

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

https://www.roosters.co.uk/

All good but my personal fave is the Baby Faced Assassin.

Houns

Spey Valley Brewery

Wye Valley Brewery

Purple Moose Brewery

Bradfield Brewery

Titanic Brewery

hammy7272
    Free Member

Second for Roosters. They do a double assassin at 8% it is class and they ship nationwide.

mattstreet

If you like your hazy juicy IPAs, then Verdant are always worth a shout and try – if you can get it.
    Will second Rascal’s suggestion of Charnwood – brilliant microbrewery – not sure how easy they are to get hold of further afield though.

frankconway

Kelham Islad don’t deliver outside of Sheffield – regrettably.
    You won’t go far wrong with Thornbridge.
    Those two bring to mind Abbeydale and they do deliver nationwide – cans and mini kegs; Moonshine was a personal favourite.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If you like Golden Ales and wish to expand your palette, look to the Belgians – dubbels etc. they’ve been doing complex, lovely, effervescent ales for centuries while we’ve been stuck swilling flat, dull beers based on a modicum of “hops” called Fursty Ferret etc. Britain/England are great at sessionable dark beers, but the lighter coloured ones show a DISTINCT LACK OF IMAGINATION

singlespeedstu

For anyone in the Black Country or Brum.
    Fixed Wheel brewery are doing free deliveries.
    Some brilliant beers too.
    Cans, bottles, keg and cask.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Enjoying my way through a mix box of Electric bears beers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Beer recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.