Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Best online beer shops?
  • jimmy

Just signed up for a Flavourly mixed case.

https://www.flavourly.com/beer/sub-save/

I can provide a referral code for £5 off if you like. £21.90 for 20 beers, a snack and mag. Cancel anytime.

I tried Beer52 a couple of years ago, wasn’t impressed with the selection. Will see how this goes.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’m on my second Flavourly mixed-case. Different to the last one and haven’t had a bad one yet. Highly recommended.

cbike
    Free Member

I’m getting a delivery from here on Saturday.

The Blunt Chisel

dthom3uk

I had a recent delivery from Thornbridge. The service and delivery was first rate.

I really like their beer. Jaipur IPA is one of my all time favourites.

rOcKeTdOg
    boombang
    Free Member

I made the unfortunate choice recently of a Beer52 trial box, disliked the first 3 (Fourpure especially, I haven’t found a beer of theirs that doesn’t taste like soapy hopped water).

Currently on 4th attempt to cancel and sitting on hold waiting. They have disabled the online cancellation and have made it impossible to stop the service without calling them.

I tried Flavourly a couple of years ago and found the same though – out of a box I loved 2, a couple were ok and hte rest not for me.

Instead I try to buy from my local brewery where I can, and currently am carefully selecting a couple of beers when manage to get a shopping order. It works out cheaper or less per litre and I don’t end up with stuff I don’t like. Is a shame to miss out on the surprise beers you end up loving (usually a Tiny Rebel beer) but better than waste.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Jaipur IPA is one of my all time favourites

I heard from a brewer that Brew dog ‘acquired’ that recipe and use it for Punk IPA.

turboferret

I had a Beerhawk advent calendar last year with a nice varied selection, some very tasty, obviously a few which weren’t really my thing. Was a good way of discovering new breweries, and after the delicious Stay Puft marshmalow porter I ordered a selection from Tiny Rebel last week. Looking on their website now they are only listing a fraction of what was on there previously, so must have a few production issues at the moment 🙁

jaminb
    Free Member

Drank a Jaipur mini keg over the weekend, it was my birthday, lovely stuff. The Green Mountain is also very drinkable.

white101

Turboferret – not necessarily production issues, smaller brewers brew beers in small batches, this week Stay Puft next week Cwtch. Whats available online probably reflects what they had ingredients for or demand for.

core

I ordered a variety of beers (nearly all IPA’s) off Brewdog direct – 24 cans, worked out at about £1.50 a can delivered I think, for 330ml, I was happy enough at that. If you order 48 cans/24 full slots in a box the delivery is free.

Lockdown IPA – a bit like Lilt – ‘The ultimate Shower Brew’ is their tagline, and I can’t argue.

frankconway

Another vote for Vocation; I particularly enjoyed their Yakima Pilsner and Raspberry Weisse; couple of tins of Hop, Skip & Juice left.
    Am looking forward to delivery from Itchen Valley Brewery (see sticky thread started by Chipps – user name ‘singletrackmind’ is the brewery man).

jimdubleyou

I think some of you have missed the point. If it’s 4 for £6 in the supermarket, how much do you think the brewery get?

I don’t know the answer but they must get more if you order directly from them.

I’m a Brewdog shareholder. It’s not sold at a loss, and obviously the brewery does get more if you buy direct.

Long term, they’d rather you drank the beer bought from Tesco rather than not buying it because it’s too expensive in the brewery shop or you don’t fancy 48 cans online in one hit.

FWIW, I still usually buy from Tesco because it’s cheaper even with maximum shareholder discount.

Lately I’ve just been buying big online orders from brewdog because I do want to support them, and it’s a reliable source of my favourite low-alcohol brews (Punk AF and Hazy AF both actually nice to drink).

I can also recommend the Jet Black Heart Espresso if you like a coffee-stout.

singletrackmind

Tesco pricing structure is weird.
    I wpuld say they are psying 90p ish for a 330ml punk. Brewdog pay tesco for more shelf space, and therefore more lines. Then some bigger suppliers get asked for a receipricol payments quarterly.
    If you want to be included in the 3 for £5 or 4 for £6 deal then you have to discount your input price accordingly.
    The vast amount of beer they sell is on a multi buy deal, so its worth it for the brewer.

Tiny Rebel probably furloughed most of their staff then found small pack take home volumes shooting upwards. But tjey probably wanted there 3 weeks of gov money before getting the staff back in, brewing more ( they can brew 6 batches a week) then fermented, conditioned and packaged you are looking at 3 weeks in reality.

Getting hold of raw materials is easy as overall production is half or less apparently witj no pubs operating and some suppliers offering pro forma discounts to tempt brewers into buying now and maybe Brewing Xmas beers waaaay ahead of time

ElShalimo

Is anyone else waiting for a Flavourly order to arrive?

sparksmcguff

If your local to Aberdeen/ Angus Burnside Brewery are doing beer and pies.

Home

They also do national deliveries but no pies. Lovely pies, excellent beer.

Six Degrees North have been amazing. Delivering within a day. Though again we’re localish to them.

robbo1234biking

@ElShalimo – yes it has been stuck with Hermes for a week now. Have tried contacting Flavourly but just seems stuck in a queue. I have kind of given up on it arriving now to be honest based on what I have read on the discussion boards on their website. The price was good but using Hermes may be a mistake. I will give it another week and if I have had no contact I will contact the card company to see if I can get a refund that way.

Bit disappointed really as seemed a good price for a good selection.

ElShalimo

Oh dear, I’m glad I paid by CC !

I’ll give them another week to turn up.

leffeboy

For those who like their beer nice but pricey, as a special concession to Corona it is temporarily (as I understand it) possible to buy Westvleteren 12 from the cafe next to the monastery.  I don’t know how long this will stay up as they have just resumed ‘normal’  pickup yesterday but

https://indevrede.webnode.nl/#

Just use google translate.

It’s 60 eur for 12 delivered so pricey but still cheaper than you will get it elsewhere apart from turning up at the monastery

and tasty, oh yes

househusband

Is anyone else waiting for a Flavourly order to arrive?

@ElShalimo
    @robbo1234biking

Likewise here; subscribed and placed an order at the end of April and I’ve only just received notification this morning that its with MyHerpes. A accept that they’re busy and like all online delivery companies will have been taken by surprise over the last several weeks – but I was irked to get an email from asking for delivery feedback a week ago.

peteimpreza

I have had good service in the last few weeks from Stroud Brewery, Tiny Rebel, Siren and Arbor Ales.

Good comms from all and reasonable delivery times.

Bristol Beer Factory has just re-opened it’s online sore and locals can collect from the taproom.

white101

Yes a good time to give a shout out for good service and delivery, so in no particular order:

Bellfield Brewery in Edinburgh 48hours, think they have 20% off right now as well.

Wold Top, again 48-72 hours and delivery included in the price. got 3 cases for £72.

Hadrian & Border, 48hours and free delivery although they are local to me it may cost for courier for further afield.

Abbeydale in Sheffield, free local deliveries I think about £8 for national, 48hours. Doing mini kegs as well now.

Spud

I’ve been using Vocation – lovely, quick delivery; Brewdog – OK, slower delivery; Abbeydale – quick delivery and Electric Bear – my current fav and quick delivery.

rossburton
    Free Member

My local shop, Red Elephant, can now do nationwide delivery. They literally just set it up this morning so it’s a little ghetto: browse the selection on the web site (or via untappd), email to order, BACS to pay.

Strong emphasis on Cornish brewers, but a world wide selection and plenty you’ll never find in most shops.

COURIER SERVICE NOW AVAILABLE!Exciting times! We have now opened an account with APC so we can have beer delivered to…

Posted by Red Elephant Beer Cellar – Truro on Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Alex

I really enjoyed Vocation beer(s) when we were in Hebden in November. Many happy hours in the Gate 🙂

Morrisons sell it, but as per earlier in this thread, I bought directly from the brewery to make sure they keep more of the money.  15% and free postage over £35 so happy days.

So far this lockdown, Beer52 – meh,  Honest Brew – pretty good, found some great new beers, BrewDog – knew I liked it and it didn’t disappoint, WildBoar quite expensive but fab, IVB from the pinned thread ^^ really lovely amber ale and now Vocation.

Re-reading that, it does appear I’ve drunk quite a lot! I still have over half of it tho. I’ve had to annex the spare fridge 🙂

jwt
    Free Member

Did a flavourly order and enjoyed them, but off the back of that tried the craft beer cans in Aldi and found some really good ones that I like a lot and are very reasonably priced.

dickster
    Free Member

Thought I’d add my ‘lockdown’ beer purchases, all direct from the breweries. They’ve all been mixed cases and have either been next day delivery or the day after. It’s been an experiment/experience and one thing to be thankful for lockdown time:

Howling Hops,
    Brew York,
    Wiper and True,
    Track Brewery,
    Cloudwater/Verdant.

I chose these as I’d had at least one of their beers in my local – which only sells independent breweries. But I’ve found some crackers and some less good – it’s been fun.

jimmy

I found Flavourly a bit “meh”. Weak, cheap beers – good for something cold and fizzy on a hot day but otherwise, no.

The Stewart’s Brewery mixed 24 case is next up on my order list.

brakeswithface

Also got a flavourly order stuck with Hermes and haven’t been able to get in touch with them. Interestingly ordered something from Kirkby Lonsdale a while ago that hasn’t turned up, got in touch with them yesterday and got an almost instant response. Turns out that is also stuck with Hermes.

Kirkby Lonsdale gets a thumbs up for responsiveness. Hermes gets a double thumbs down, though we’ve had a few amazon packages come through with them fine so wonder if they’re being leant on by the big players

richmtb

While I recognised some of the brewers on the Flavourly site, I wasn’t familiar with any of the beers. I think Flavourly must get special batches, they all seem to be lower abv then what you would normally get with those style of beers so I avoided them.

Yet another thumbs up for Vocation, great beers and really efficient free delivery. I’ve ordered 3 times and the longest wait has been 3 days. If you buy 24 (and why wouldn’t you) its cheaper than the supermarket too.

robbo1234biking

Think I’m gonna stick a vocation order in later. Couple of interesting beers on their to try.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

My mate runs Magpie Brewery in Nottingham. They deliver.

riklegge

Saltaire brewery are doing free delivery in West Yorkshire. Pretty much next day / 2 day delivery, I really like their Blonde but they do darker beers too.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Another Flavourly order lost / stuck in the ether with no feedback.

Strange as I’ve always had good service from Hermes.

Strange times though.

brakeswithface

Browsing through https://twitter.com/Flavourly/with_replies suggests they’re having an absolute ‘mare.

djflexure

rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

I can heartily recommend Brum brewery

https://www.birminghambrewingcompany.co.uk/

Currently enjoying a blonde Brummy, their confused Brummie white stout is lovely & as a lager hater I love their Stirchley lager!

Never heard of them but local [free delivery] so just ordered the lager and pale. Tx

Purity are another good local brewery. Cyclists too. They also do a nice range of international ales.

https://www.bottleshack.uk/

Rod

I thought I’d try out Shindigger’s promise to deliver within 3 hours to addresses within the M60. Ordered at 17:13 yesterday and delivered at 17:30 😮

(and it’s tasty beer)

DezB
    Free Member

Co-op are good for stocking local breweries. One near where I worked stocked some great beers (both of the breweries where singletrackmind worked!), but it shut down 🙁

Anyone can find me a place that stocks this stuff, I’ll be putting in an order!
    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZwmK5HH0Lk.

petec
    Free Member

It’s not a brewery, and some of them are kinda pricey, but In At Home are very good.

Free delivery over £30

Alex

My vocation order arrived this morning. That’s cheered up my weekend no end. I went with pride&joy and life&death. L&D is my favourite but at 6.5%, it’s not a session beer!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Best online beer shops?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM