• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Neb.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best chain for 11speed Garbaruk cassette?
  • tjaard

Anyone have any experience trying different brands of chain with their 11 speed Garbaruk cassette?

Normally, matching brand with brand will give the best shifting performance, but since they don’t make chains, that doesn’t apply.

I asked them, and they just said SRAM with Xd cassettes and Shimano with regular cassettes. That sound to me like they didn’t test it. Because that would mean they use a different tooth profiling/ramping on the various 11 speed cassettes, which seems highly unlikely.

I am looking for the best shifting performance with the 10-46 cassete.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m more than happy with a kmc on my 10-50

BearBack
    Free Member

Been using FSA chains on all my garbaruk cassettes. Excellent.

daern
    Free Member

TIL: Garbaruk Cassettes are a thing!

Never heard of these before – have I had my head under a rock? Are they any good and how do they perform vs the stock SRAM and Shimano equivalents?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I got mine from Gone Biking Made. I’d say it works just as well as the SRAM it replaced but with a wider range.

BearBack
    Free Member

Significantly lighter than the 11spd Shimano alternative, probably not that much more than a mini driver and 47t one-up equipped (10-47) XT cassette and shifting just as anything else (other than Shimano XT 12) that I’ve used.

tjaard

@Daern, yeah they are great, way cheaper AND lighter than SRam, and avaible in different sizes to choose from.

I have not noticed a difference in performance vs my various SRAM 11-Speed cassette that it replaced. I am sure there is a small diffence, jsut not big enough to notice.

Thanks why I was asking. We know Shimano cassettes do best with Shimano, Sram with Sram. So I was wondering if someone had tested a few direfent brands of chains with their Garbaruk 11 speed cassette.

Neb

I’m using a SRAM 12s chain my 11s Garbaruk cassette. It works fine. I picked it as the improvements to eagle were mainly in the chain, its supposed to wear the cassette less. No idea if this is true yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best chain for 11speed Garbaruk cassette?’ is closed to new replies.