Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bearing codes
  • Taff
    Free Member

Come back from a ride and I’ve got some play in my Sun Ringle Black Flag Pros which shouldn’t be the case given they’ve done less 200m. I have a feeling that it’s the outermost bearing on the disc side that’s affected as it’s that side that has play. Question is the code say 6902 RU which I understand is single sealed. Given its exposed nature I want to change it to a 6902 2RS. Now am I correct in thinking that it’s only the 6902 code that matters in determining the size? Would also prefer to make this change as the official Sun Ringle bearing price is £13 a bearing vs £3.50 for a Hope bearing!! What say you?

coatesy
    Free Member

You’ll probably find it has a seal saying the same on the other side too, but the Hope ones should be fine. Hope also do a stainless version too, think it’s numbered S902.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You might find the Hope version is called 61902 but it’s the same thing.

Taff
    Free Member

Thanks both. Just want something at the moment to over come the play

nealy
    Free Member

Search “katec 6902” on eBay and it should bring up two bearing options, the cheap one is a normal bearing and the expensive one is SKF or similar quality but both have been repacked with grease. My brother has just done all his Stumpy FSR frame bearings using their stuff and is very impressed with them. Searching the tinternet only finds good reports on them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bearing codes’ is closed to new replies.