Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Bear Grylls – 9pm tonight
  • rascal
    Free Member

He’s got a new programme on at 9pm on ITV – Britain’s Greatest Adventures.
    Prize weapon but the content/locations could potentially be good…we shall see.

rascal
    Free Member

Not very adventurous…you didn’t miss match at all.

TomB

Interested in the no-helmet decisions. I definitely wouldn’t paraglide or go caving without one, climbing either (although many people will choose differently to me).

Edit: Dear god, it’s slow mo naked torso “abseiling” now. I feel a semi coming on……

mrhoppy

He’s such an overexagerating bell end. I’m going free diving, no you’re not you’re snorkeling. And wear a BA when you’re in a sit on too, leave the seal pup alone and no that’s not one of the hardest climbs in the UK. Tit.

rascal
    Free Member

What a twunt.
    Jumps into a pool – ‘that was deeper than I thought’ whilst grinning at the camera.
    Having been totally submerged he gets out and takes his coat and rucksack only to say ‘don’t want to get them wet’ (they are now) before stripping off on going on his way…it’s a big vanity project for him.
    Love the idea of the programme – it’s pretty shit though and won’t watch it again.

slowoldman

He’s a dick.

iainc

I think the Countryfile version would have been better !

mattsccm
    Free Member

‘specially with Ellie whatshername doing it 😆
    That’s is who I am thinking about isn’t it? Blond, long boots type 😀

MoreCashThanDash

He is very Marmite, even within the Scout movement. He’s been to a couple of local events this year, one of them he came across really well, the other was less well received. Adult leaders seem to be more awe struck than the kids, embarrassingly.

The helmet decisions were interesting. He doesn’t like hi viz either, apparently.

iainc

mattsccm – Member
    ‘specially with Ellie whatshername doing it
    That’s is who I am thinking about isn’t it? Blond, long boots type

yup 🙂

honestly though, I thought the content, filming etc was good, but he spoiled it. It it had been a more moderate presenter it would be great (esp if Ellie !)

mark90
    Free Member

He doesn’t like hi viz either, apparently.

Apart from orange ‘accents’ on everything.

Can’t believe no one has commented on the trousers.

shermer75
    Free Member

Whenever I see ‘Grylls’ written down I always pronounce it my head as ‘Gryllis’, as in rhymes with ‘Phyllis’

shermer75
    Free Member

In fact I’d probably like him a lot more if he was called ‘Phyllis Gryllis’

perchypanther
    Free Member

He never grilled anything and he’s not even a real bear…….. Disappointing 1/10

bigdaddy

There was an article in radio times on him – his wealth is astonishing considering his apparent lack of popularity, but it seems the uk is his smallest market. The Americans and Chinese seem to like him most. His branded Gerber knife also seems a proper money spinner. Not bad going for a failed marine!

scandal42
    Free Member

Why are people watching it if they hate him so much?

*So they can bitch about it

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Missed it, was watching Moonshiners on DMAX. Much more entertaining, like watching the secret lives of Deliverance Hillbillies.

As for Bear, I don’t have a strong opinion, beats watching Eastenders or the other dross, at least the places he goes to are interesting if he’s on.

rickmeister

Weapons Grade Fin du Cloche….

I’m oot.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Normally fairly pro-Grylls but that was dull, contrived (even by his standards), incoherent pish watched five minutes and could stand no more

rascal
    Free Member

Why are people watching it if they hate him so much?

I started the thread so I’ll go first if you don’t mind Matt.

I genuinely thought it could be interesting – hence the post.
    There was very little uptake on the thread so thought I’d post my initial findings after 30 mins or so – it wasn’t very good. Clearly others thought the same. During the second half I had this bloody laptop on the go and kept looking up every now and again – y’know, benefit of the doubt etc etc – that’s when he confirmed he’s a total nimrod. I concluded after one episode it’s not worth watching again.

That is all.

scandal42
    Free Member

That’s fine Wayne, the post wasn’t really aimed at people who made their mind up during this particular show.

Clearly the bloke has a devout following that consists of people who hate everything about him but proceed to watch everything he makes, which is a bit strange.

iainc

I also thought it sounded interesting, and it was from point of view of the subject matter, the filming, the facts. I did find his presentation style and hero behaviour very offputting. My 13 yr old son made same point, without any prompting !

crankboy
    Free Member

I watch for the laugh it is a pantomime after all .
    I would seriously worry about any one who sought to rely on his advise.

Unfortunately I have been put off some apparently good products because they have been branded with his name. I know that is as sad as buying something because of the branding.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wow.. Bear is getting chased by a bird of prey riding a filing cabinet!!

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    He’s a dick.

😆

moose
    Free Member

Having met said tool whilst on a SERE course, I can confirm he is a valid replacement for Trident.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Oh my god is he a first class dick! Hadn’t quite realised.
    Him and that other survivalist bloke did help during the search for raoul moat. Ray means searched the countryside while bear check the local travel lodge.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I reckon Ray also searched Burger King, Mcdonalds and KFC just in case.

IanMunro
    Free Member

And Greggs

seavers
    Free Member

The man is a preposterous ****. His real name is Edward, not Bear.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

It lucky he pointed out that people in caves drowned otherwise I might have thought they burned to death!

scuttler

The Americans and Chinese seem to like him most

Ya got that bit right!

Swelper
    Free Member

Always a sense of urgency and typical ITV dramatic music

Not to mention shameless promotion of his clothing

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Didn’t mind the programme on the Dales although on the survival theme I’d rather be out with the ‘Fat bloke that eats leaves’ (as my Mrs calls Ray Mears) I think he’d be a better cook.

jools182
    Free Member

I can’t understand his popularity at all

And……the way……he always……..talks Like he’s out of breath…..with pauses in-between….every few words

Before jumping into a pool doing a back flip and biting the head off some unfortunate creature

Fair play if he inspires people to get outdoors more, but I can’t watch more than 5 minutes

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s ‘entertainment’ for those who like a cheap pair of action slacks from millets, but never venture further than 500yds from their car.
    Let them have their fun.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Him and that other survivalist bloke did help during the search for raoul moat.

And if I remember rightly so did Paul Gascoigne. Wasn’t his special skill taking 4 cans of larger to entice Raoul out ? 😆

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

You amateur. Everyone knows you don’t flush out Raoul without a KFC as well. Even Gazza knew how it was done

franksinatra

he must sit at home and chuckle to himself though. He gets paid loads of money to travel to amazing locations, and every program (that he is paid to make) then becomes a massive advert for his clothing brand. How may people get paid to advertise their own products?

I think he is harmless and good luck to him.

v8ninety

To be fair, us lot are not exactly ‘target audience’. He’s aimed at the sofa dwelling masses who wouldn’t know the ‘outdoors’ if it slapped them in the face, and live lives vicariously through the goggle box. And as for his, errr, energetic presenting style, it’s never going to go down that well in the UK, where many people look down our noses at anyone who exudes excitable enthusiasm about anything…

See; Guy Martin

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Bear Grylls – 9pm tonight’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM