Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Beach find – Omega Seamaster content
  • nickstikits
    Free Member

A mate of mine lost his Rolex sailing in Poole harbour. Years later it was found on the beach, handed in and he was traced through the serial number by Rolex who offered to do a total refurb if they could use the story in an advert which they subsequently did. No idea if Omega keep such records but worth an email.

tang
    Free Member

I’ve reported to the police and contacted Omega. I would be very happy to find the owner.

derek_starship
    Free Member

My mate’s dad dropped one of these down a well (accidentally I might add). It was retrieved 21 years later and worked perfectly.

Hope the Seamaster owner gets his back.

My brand new £525 Constellation dropped off my wrist into the sea at Nice in 1992. Fortunately I was only in waist height and saw it hit the bed.

tang
    Free Member

The nice people at Omega are going to open it up and find the serial number and have a look. They also said they would service it for me foc if it becomes mine for making an effort to find the owner and the story.

pondo

Class! 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

👍

avdave2

🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Nice! 🙂

leffeboy

the world is ok – thank you 🙂

Wally

Nice.👌🏽

P20

Brilliant. Interested to see what happens next

RustyNissanPrairie

Like button pressed…….

batfink
    Free Member

Sorry Tang – but I’m now rooting for them to find the owner.

edd

I’m now rooting for them to find the owner

I’m rooting for the above but that Omega/ Swatch gives Tang a new watch for his honesty/ a bit of pr.

tang
    Free Member

Update. No owner found, went to police right at the beginning and omega who took it in and got the serial no. Appears to be a 1964 seamaster.

nickdavies

So do you get to keep it? Will be a lovely watch if omega stick to their promise and restore it for you.

Fatboy35

Good effort on yours and Omegas part, hope you get to keep and enjoy the serviced watch now.

BillMC

Piks please when done

CountZero

The nice people at Omega are going to open it up and find the serial number and have a look. They also said they would service it for me foc if it becomes mine for making an effort to find the owner and the story.

Great result, better than just handing into the Police.

hb70

Great result. Karma

wingnuts

Looks just like my Dads so ’67ish is my guess for the date. I had it after he died and loved it. It was taken in a burglary and like Andy did. Insurance offered the new version but it was about the connection with Dad and it would just sit in a drawer so I took the cash. They knocked 20% off! Still consider getting one but it just wouldn’t be the same. Try to reunite it. I’d be so generous to who ever got mine back.

Drac

Update. No owner found, went to police right at the beginning and omega who took it in and got the serial no. Appears to be a 1964 seamaster.

Excellent work.

Jerome
    Free Member

Very important.

Make sure you do not let omega change out or repaint the dial and or hands.

that is where the life and value of the watch is..

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Beach find – Omega Seamaster content’ is closed to new replies.