Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BB Installation.. Help me XD
  • hoggyss
    Free Member

Okay..

So I’ve got this Octane One 3-PCS Cro-Mo Crankset 2012 and that I’m working on fitting.. The only issue I have with it is.. WTF are with the spacers.. Where do they go? Are they internal or external?

I’ve tried looking all over the web for some help on this situation and can’t find jack shit.
    Yeah i know they’re heavy and pretty much useless but my bikes light as a feather and they were cheap..

Once I know where to put the spacers and shit the rest of the installation is a piece of piss for me.
    Don’t suppose anyone can help shed some light on this situation. Thanks 🙂

hoggyss
    Free Member

Genuinely driving me insane

HermanShake
    Free Member

Could you put up a photo? It looks like an internal BB, the CRC page says it’s for a 68mm BB shell. There’s the tube that spaces the cups out, maybe they stretch it up to 73mm? Do they measure 5mm when put together?

If you have the Pro version with the external BB it could be like a Shimano BB with 2 on the drive side and 1 on the other?

hoggyss
    Free Member

I’ll post up a picture of them in two shakes of a lambs legs i just need to go take one..

I’m not too sure tbh i think it may be an external BB i wouldn’t know I’ve never seen a crank set like this before :L I’ve always used the old school ones and am now currently upgrading from an ISIS drive.

hoggyss
    Free Member

Okay.. Pictures are on my iPhone but I can’t add them because I need to upload them to the webby first and then post the URL?

That’s **** stupid but oh well..

I basically have a bunch of small spacers (5 of them each around 1mm+ in size) what looks like two cap spacers, the center tube & another spacer which has some weird lines in it (which have no purpose) and it’s also blacker than all of the others so I’m assuming that this one is an external part?

The other’s (bar the center tube of course) I have no idea what to do with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BB Installation.. Help me XD’ is closed to new replies.